JD Fanatic Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new to forum. I currently have a 2010 JD x320 I have had since new. Second JD, first was a 1980 something JD 400 that was a Beast but downsized when moved from 4 to 1 acre.

I have about 320 hours on the meter from the past 10 years of just mowing. No pulling, no pushing, no aerating, no rolling, nothing. Just Indiana flat acre with slight slope in front yard. The mower has been nothing but a pleasure to own, only one repair and that was the electronic control unit that went bad. I haven't even as much thrown a belt. I love it.

Well I am somewhat of a preventative maintenance nut so I have already pulled the trans twice and replaced the fluid with JD HyGuard trans fluid. The first was after the warranty expired with about 200 hours on the meter and the last was yesterday.

I liked to NEVER got this thing back together. It literally took me 4 hours of trying. First time was a breeze. I guess I am just getting older and not as sharp anymore. I noticed that on a lot of things mechanically that used to be easy that now I struggle a little.

Anyway, I do not plan on attempting this a third time at 500 hours. Instead, I am just going to run the hours up until it dies. So, I was wondering with the "non serviceable" trans, how many hours do you thing these units are designed (using within it's design) to last with the same fluid from day one? I'm sure Deere expects these to be on par with the Kawasaki 2000 hour engine when you pay a premium price, right? I once read that the k46 is designed to have a 500 hour service life, your mileage may vary right? So is it safe to say the K58 can have a 1000 mile service life?

I've seen several high hour units on Machine Finder, one was 1600 hours, so some people are getting some serious life out of theirs.

Anyway, nice chatting at you . Look forward to your response Take care.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Welcome to the site. I have an 09 X320. I replaced the K46 in mine with a K66 this past fall. The 46 was loosing power bad. I will check the hours on the machine when I get a chance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts