JD Fanatic Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So let's build this thread by showing us what you're having for supper each night. Maybe we can get some good ideas from each other.

My son recently bought this Pit Boss smoker/grill and has been practicing. He has smoked a brisket, which turned out OK for his first time, hamburgers that turned out awesome, a 15lb turkey that was the moistest turkey I have ever eaten, but what he really has mastered are Delmontico Steaks. They melt in your mouth and can be cut with a fork. He's making steaks again tomorrow afternoon so I'll make sure I take a picture and post it for you guys to druel over!!

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Tried to lick the computer screen,that looks delicious. Such a tease...………….
Friday,Saturday and Sunday big momma and I eat out. After working all week let somebody else do the work
Went to Iezzi's in Boyertown last night for a French Dip sandwich. Damn tasty . Sundays I've been doing salads. Trying not to blow back up like a tick again. The Covid lifestyle was not good to the waste line

·
Administrator
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That looks delicious. I've been thinking of upgrading to one of the self feeding models. How does Caleb like it? Right now i have an upright propane model. Does good but it requires more attention. You guys should smoke some ribs on that thing. They turn out awesome.

His smoker is a self feeding unit. He mixes various flavored pellets together like cherry, hickory, maple, and a mixed blend of others made by Pit Boss.

He loves it!!! Him and the neighbor (Mark) have competitions to see who's meals have the best flavor. Caleb is constantly jotting down different recipes and mixtures for new ideas. He also just acquired an aluminum block that he can use for cold smoking like different cheeses. One of these days he wants to try smoking Mac and cheese, a meatloaf, and some salmon.

·
Administrator
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Digity Digity Digity it's time to eat boys!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Glad to see you guys are enjoying the pellet grill. FYI you can use these like you would use the oven in your kitchen. Set the temperature you would on your oven inside on you pellet grill and set a timer on how long you would cook it in your oven . Worst thing you can do is keep opening the lid to check on it. What you can cook on these are endless . Pizza, muffins, cookies, breads, and the list goes on and on. We sell alo of these at the store I work at but just a different brand.
ENJOY !!!!!

·
Administrator
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Exactly why Caleb wants to try Mac and cheese and meatloaf Mark. He found out on a Facebook group that he's on, that these grilles can be used as a smoker oven.

·
Administrator
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Breaded and fried Striper Bass caught fresh this morning.

And my size 15 shoe next to our biggest fish. It was 30-1/2" long. Nine guys on the boat, two fish limit for each guy, 18 fish limit caught in less than an hour.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Looks like a fun time, Troy! I went striper fishing in Boston MA. 6 years ago. We were only allowed one fish per person, but fortunately that included the captain and the first mate, so I ended up keeping the 2 that I caught. It was pretty funny when I caught them, we were trolling with a lure that had multiple hooks on it and my turn was up, I grabbed the rod and started to reel it in, It was fighting like crazy and once it got close enough I saw that I had 2 on it! Lol. The captain had only seen that happen once before!

·
Administrator
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You know the rules Greg......Pictures or it didn't happen!! 😁

·
Administrator
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nice!!!!!!

Reactions: Chaser
1 - 19 of 19 Posts