JD Fanatic Forums banner

Trailers for moving garden tractors

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  truck21 
#1 ·
So moving my 212 to the inlaws last storm to plow them out was an adventure to say the least. Issues that I’ve identified so far:
1. Ramps are to short (4 ft) so the plow hit the ramps when I tried to drive on, or hit the ground if I tried to back on.
2. Ramps (2x12 pressure treated) are too slippery for the tire chains to grip.
3. Deck is narrow 47” (+/-) between the boards.
4. Trailer is similar to a HF folding trailer, but a different brand so it certainly isn’t overbuilt.
5. Limited tie down points.
6. No good point to hook a block and tackle to (solution for slippery ramps).

So my wife suggested I needed to get a bigger trailer! Started looking on CL and FBMP but not seeing much on the used side. Ramp gates all appear to be 4 ft long, which seems as if I would have the same problem I have with my current setup...

What do you all have? What do you like/dislike about your current setup? What would you setup differently on your next one?

Dave

See less See more
#3 ·
One of my challenges is that it has to fit in the garage as my wife “doesn’t want to look at it”. That’s how I ended up with the one I have now - I can fold it in half and it stands up on end on dolly wheels so I can tuck it in the corner and still fit all the other stuff in the garage. She said I could get a trailer as long as I could fit in the garage... Enclosed would be nice, but the garage doors are too low...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.