JD Fanatic Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,001 Posts
Holy smokes John! You trying to light up the whole town or what? Those should really light up the way of travel for you! Are the amber ones going to be turn signals? If so, to make it authentic, you should mount the amber ones below the driving lights, maybe use the holes that I see drilled into the bumper. 

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I won't go as far as turning signals but do plan on 4 way flashers. The lights are Stewart Warner Hobbs work lights that I picked up at an auction for 10$. 55 watt sealed beams. Will all the lights on and full throttle the alternator will almost bring the amp needle back to zero on discharge side. I used a three position universal light switch that allows just the hood and tail lights to burn on first detent then all with switch pulled out to last detent. This tractor will be my work horse around the yard and farm. I enjoy dreaming up accessories for it. I ordered 3 rib Firestone's for it yesterday to compliment the bar tires. The drilled holes in the bumper have half inch nuts welded in on the backside. I'm thinking of bolting on a length of chain side to side like the four wheel drive truck crowd does.... Or maybe fabricate bumper guards. The amber lights will mount behind the bumper face to afford them protection. 

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think that tractor must have a special place in your heart as it gets to share the garage with the convertible.

Actually it sleeps with the rest of herd in another section of building. I just bring it into the "work" area as ocassions require. The convertible is garaged in work shop area because the "car room" is overflowing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts