JD Fanatic Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BEEN KICKING AROUND THE IDEA OF SELLING A FEW OF THE HERD TO MAKE WAY FOR NEW BLOOD
NOT THE EASIEST DECISION BUT WANT TO BE READY SHOULD SOMETHING ELSE COME ALONG THAT I WOULD LIKE.
THE HERD MEMBERS THAT I HAVE BEEN CONSIDERING SELLING ARE THE 208 AS MUCH AS I LOVE THIS TRACTOR AND THE EFFORT PUT FOURTH IN RESTORING IT JUST STARTING TO FEEL LIKE ITS TIME.
THE SECOND IS THE 210 BLACK SHEEP ,USED HER FOR ALOT OF YARD WORK AND SHE WILL GET A PLOW ON FOR WINTER BUT SHE ALSO HAS JUST BEEN SITTING AROUND AS THE 140 AND 314 HAVE FILLED IN THIS ROLE FOR YARD CHORES AND THE ZERO TURN FOR LAWN CUTTING.
LAST BUT NOT LEAST IS THE 64 YES THE 64 RF. REALLY HAVE GROWN ATTACHED TO THIS ONE AND HAVE FOUND ALL THIS ONE HAS ALSO DONE IS TAKE UP SPACE IN THE SHED AND HAS NOT BEEN TO A SHOW IN A FEW YEARS. THIS WILL BE THE HARDEST ONE TO PART WITH AS I WAS VERY PROUD WHEN I FOUND IT AND KNEW TROY WOULD APPROVE. I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A RF HYDRAULIC LIFT IN ITS PLACE AS I HAVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO COME ACROSS ONE. TRADE ANYONE?
NOT SURE IF THESE ARE THE THOUGHTS OF A SANE MAN OR SOMEONE WHO HAS GROWN TIRED OF THE HOBBY AND LOOKING FOR A NEW TOY TO HELP SPUR ENJOYMENT AGAIN WITH THESE.
ENJOYED THE TIME WITH MY DAUGHTER AND GRANDSON THIS PAST WEEKEND BUT THOSE FEW PIECES WILL PROBABLY BE WITH ME FOR A LONG TIME THE LOADING,PREP AND SET UP JUST WORE ME DOWN
NO CHASER THE 140 IS STILL NOT FOR SALE
VENTING TO YOU ALL YES PROBALY BUT NOT SURE WHAT TO DO.
HHHMMMMMMM.....……………..

· Registered
291 Posts
BEEN KICKING AROUND THE IDEA OF SELLING A FEW OF THE HERD TO MAKE WAY FOR NEW BLOOD
NOT THE EASIEST DECISION BUT WANT TO BE READY SHOULD SOMETHING ELSE COME ALONG THAT I WOULD LIKE.
THE HERD MEMBERS THAT I HAVE BEEN CONSIDERING SELLING ARE THE 208 AS MUCH AS I LOVE THIS TRACTOR AND THE EFFORT PUT FOURTH IN RESTORING IT JUST STARTING TO FEEL LIKE ITS TIME.
THE SECOND IS THE 210 BLACK SHEEP ,USED HER FOR ALOT OF YARD WORK AND SHE WILL GET A PLOW ON FOR WINTER BUT SHE ALSO HAS JUST BEEN SITTING AROUND AS THE 140 AND 314 HAVE FILLED IN THIS ROLE FOR YARD CHORES AND THE ZERO TURN FOR LAWN CUTTING.
LAST BUT NOT LEAST IS THE 64 YES THE 64 RF. REALLY HAVE GROWN ATTACHED TO THIS ONE AND HAVE FOUND ALL THIS ONE HAS ALSO DONE IS TAKE UP SPACE IN THE SHED AND HAS NOT BEEN TO A SHOW IN A FEW YEARS. THIS WILL BE THE HARDEST ONE TO PART WITH AS I WAS VERY PROUD WHEN I FOUND IT AND KNEW TROY WOULD APPROVE. I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A RF HYDRAULIC LIFT IN ITS PLACE AS I HAVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO COME ACROSS ONE. TRADE ANYONE?
NOT SURE IF THESE ARE THE THOUGHTS OF A SANE MAN OR SOMEONE WHO HAS GROWN TIRED OF THE HOBBY AND LOOKING FOR A NEW TOY TO HELP SPUR ENJOYMENT AGAIN WITH THESE.
ENJOYED THE TIME WITH MY DAUGHTER AND GRANDSON THIS PAST WEEKEND BUT THOSE FEW PIECES WILL PROBABLY BE WITH ME FOR A LONG TIME THE LOADING,PREP AND SET UP JUST WORE ME DOWN
NO CHASER THE 140 IS STILL NOT FOR SALE
VENTING TO YOU ALL YES PROBALY BUT NOT SURE WHAT TO DO.
HHHMMMMMMM.....……………..
I can sure sympathize with your dilema and anguishing decisions there Kyle. It's always hard to have to think about letting go of ones that you've put so much work into and have become attached to. I guess we've all been there at one point or another. It may all boil down to whether you have enough space to add another project before needing to let one go. I sure can relate to that too. Maybe just take some more time to contemplate which one you'd feel most comfortable parting with, you might only need to part with one. You really do fine work on your JDs and I know we all would like to see you stay active in that passion. Sometimes finding the next one that you really have your eyes on will re ignite and spur you on like you said. I'm sure you'll feel out your best path fairly soon, just give it a little more time my friend.

· Registered
398 Posts
I too understand your dilemma. I have a very nice Checkmate speed boat that I purchased new 32 years ago. It was used a bunch back in the day, but now my kids are adults and it just takes up a LOT of space in my barn. It hasn’t been on the water in the last 2 summers and I have thought of selling but it feels like it’s a part of me.
I know how you feel. 😔

· Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes sounds like as we all get older we all have similar thoughts and issues. When I sold the motorcycle even though a friend bought it I could not watch it disappear into forever after. I turned and walked into the garage after wishing him well and safe travels. Miss that one a lot, the street rod ,not so much there are always more
Now I would like another bike which is meeting with much resistance
I think with Pop being sick and although now is doing well I know the irreversible ending that is coming and this has always been something we do together.
This is why I posed the question to all of you, my friends who we share much a common interest.

The puller idea...……………………...

· Registered
304 Posts
Yes sounds like as we all get older we all have similar thoughts and issues. When I sold the motorcycle even though a friend bought it I could not watch it disappear into forever after. I turned and walked into the garage after wishing him well and safe travels. Miss that one a lot, the street rod ,not so much there are always more
Now I would like another bike which is meeting with much resistance
I think with Pop being sick and although now is doing well I know the irreversible ending that is coming and this has always been something we do together.
This is why I posed the question to all of you, my friends who we share much a common interest.

The puller idea...……………………...
I know exactly how you feel Kyle. It hasn't been the same since i lost my dad.

· Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ya know Chaser I appreciate the extra effort you put forth in helping me but again that one is staying. I do have a 214 and tiller for it that could use a new home...……………………………...I'd even throw in a yard cart. Non JD of course.
The deal would even include delivery to your doorstep.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts