JD Fanatic Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
   Can anyone tell me what size tires came standard on a 1975 jd 200. Maybe you had the option between narrow or wide both front and rear.

Thanks Don

·
Super Moderator
880 Posts
Don,

The 200 came standard with 23 x 10.50 - 12 rear tires, and the fronts were 16 x 6.50 -8. As you stated, you could get the 4.00/4.80-8 for the fronts as an option. The narrow front wheels would have been the type that used the 1" spindle and would have had the internal bearings with a grease zerk.

·
Super Moderator
880 Posts
That I'm not sure about Brian. I've only seen them with the 23x10.50-12 tire size. Wouldn't see why it would hurt any if you mounted a set of 23x8.50-12's on it. The 200 series has pretty much the same stance as the 110's, 112's, and 140's, and they were all offered with the 23x8.50-12 tires. Good question!

Reactions: Texas Deere & Horse

·
Registered
25 Posts
Does anybody have pictures of the GT-1 through GT-4 tires? I'd like to know what they look like so that I can tell if mine are original or not. I've looked through my service manual, and it gives me a description of each type of tire set along with the different size per each set, but without pictures to go by, I don't know the difference between any of them. Can anyone help me with this? jdelfman?

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you could throw up a pic I think we could help you too.  I will look for the tire descriptions in my early 300 series manual.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts