JD Fanatic Forums banner

Round fender wiring harness?

2K views 21 replies 6 participants last post by  MiniHomesteader 
#1 ·
My wire harness has been cut up a bit. It has some of those blue butt connectors with some other wire spliced in here and there, some of the pieces are not even the same gauge. 🤔
So, I am going to rewire it. Can someone tell me what gauge wire the harness should be made of? Also, where could I find the correct plug for the 3 prong ignition switch? Mine is AWOL.
I am also ordering new custom length cables from Batterycablesusa.com. I know the original + cable was black but I am considering red… thoughts on that?
Thank you for sharing your wisdom! 😁

#2 ·
All my round fenders have been converted to red positive cables.

As far as the ignition switch it is NLA from Deere. The only reproduction switch I know of is from HAPCO and to the tune of $70 bucks. I have a lead on $15 5terminal switch. I’ll report back on that in a few days when it shows up if it does truly fit without modifications to the pedestal.

#8 ·
I was looking for terminal connectors a while back and came across a company that sells the connectors that appear to be correct for the type needed for the 3 prong INDAK ignition switches for 110 round fenders. Check out their web site at sales@terminalsupplyco.com and see part number 2962510. They carry a vast variety of electrical connectors. I didn't make a purchase on these since my connector was in good shape but take a look and see if this will be what you need.

#12 ·
I was looking for terminal connectors a while back and came across a company that sells the connectors that appear to be correct for the type needed for the 3 prong INDAK ignition switches for 110 round fenders. Check out their web site at sales@terminalsupplyco.com and see part number 2962510. They carry a vast variety of electrical connectors. I didn't make a purchase on these since my connector was in good shape but take a look and see if this will be what you need.
Thank you Sir for that info, I will definitely check that out. 👍🏻

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.