JD Fanatic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,001 Posts
I too am looking forward to this show. A couple more minor details to iron out, but other than that, I think we'll be good to go. Should be a great show!

·
Super Moderator
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Roots tractor show preparations are going very well, however we have plenty of vendor space available. So if you have items to sell as a vendor or items for our consignment auction please contact Jim Brubaker at (717)898-7443

Thanks Don.

·
Super Moderator
1,001 Posts
Looking forward to the show. I think it will be a nice show and we will have a good turnout.
​I do too, although I wish we had a better idea as to how many to expect for guys coming to show. Would really make things easier knowing how much space will be needed while trying to figure room for Farm Tractors, Lawn & Garden Tractors, and Hit & Miss Engines. We have a lot of room for the show, but I don't want to see us all spread out if only a handful of collectors show up. I guess time will tell.

·
Super Moderator
1,001 Posts
Well, we are about two months away from show time, and so far everything is going as planned. We are getting food vendors lined, the auctioneers are lined up for the consignment sale, and Don and Eric are finishing up the dead sled.

Keep in mind, this show is open to all makes and models of Farm Tractors, Lawn and Garden Tractors, and Hit & Miss Engines. There is plenty of room at the site to store your trailers over night, and if you choose to camp out on the premises, we will have a parking lot dedicated just for campers. Keep in mind though, there will be no hook ups available, so water, sewage, and electric will have to be self contained.

Looking forward to a great show, and hope that you all will plan on attending and joining us for some fun, food, and good fellowship!

·
Registered
6 Posts
The tractor games are for the garden tractors and they are starting to sound like a lot of fun. Also there will be a teeter totter for tractors, just drive on and balance your tractor.

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Dad and I will be there and also my wife and youngest daughter.

How did things go with the dead sled? The pedal tractor pull looks like a lot of fun for the kids.

·
Super Moderator
1,001 Posts
I just realized that we never updated this post with show results or pictures. Sorry guys, my bad! Anyway, we had a turnout of 116 tractors, that's including farm tractors, garden tractors, a couple of hit & miss engine displays. Not much public showed up which hurt our food vendors, and I think we missed the target with choosing Memorial Day weekend for our event. We had beautiful weather and a great time with the tractor games and kids pedal pulls, however we decided next year we will be changing the show date to the weekend after Memorial Day weekend. The show will be Saturday and Sunday next year, as we feel there just wasn't enough response to keep Friday included with the event. 

Here are some pictures of our turnout:

May 23, 2015 034.JPG

May 23, 2015 035.JPG

May 23, 2015 036.JPG

May 23, 2015 037.JPG

May 23, 2015 038.JPG

May 23, 2015 039.JPG

May 23, 2015 040.JPG

May 23, 2015 041.JPG

May 23, 2015 042.JPG

May 23, 2015 043.JPG

1 - 20 of 20 Posts