• Welcome to JD Fanatics Forum

Receiving money through western union

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ckjakline, Jul 1, 2017.

1. ckjakline

ckjakline Well-Known Member

I've heard all the warnings about craigslist and western union. I had a guy contact me tonight wondering if he pays me now if i'll hold the tractor. He is from virginia and comes our way quite often. He wants to pay me through western union or if that doesn't work he'll send me a money order. Is there any issue with receiving money through western union. i know you don't want to send someone money through western union for something you buy. i wasn't sure how it would affect me if i picked it up through them. any input is appreciated.

truck21, Chaser and Kster526 like this.
  2. Kster526

Kster526 Well-Known Member

Oley, Pa
    Cannot help you never had to do that.
    Cash is King.
    If he comes this way often give him a time limit that you'll hold it for him. If your unsure do not do it.

3. Chaser

Chaser Well-Known Member

4. VIntageIronCollector

VIntageIronCollector New Member

Call him and just talk to him and feel him out if he's legit or not. If he seems legit tell him to pay through a post office money order. they have a lot of security features on those so they are hard to make up a fake one. But yes cash is always the easiest

Chaser, ckjakline and truck21 like this.
  5. jd.rasentrac

jd.rasentrac Well-Known Member

We say: Nur bares ist wahres! Imo: Only cash!

ckjakline and Chaser like this.
  6. JDbeginner87

JDbeginner87 Well-Known Member

My sister sold he old flute on CL and there was a guy said he would buy it with money order.. he sent it here it was 2 money orders for like 700$ each and she only wanted 200$ for the flute.. she contacted him and he said o his secretary made a mistake to cash them and send him the change... the bank said she could deposit and wait for them to clear before she should send any money back.. she contacted him and told him what bank said and never responded and she didn't hear from him again.
    So moral of the story I would be really careful with anything other then cash.