JD Fanatic Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Reasonably priced is out of the question.
Those have skyrocketed on E-Bay . If your patient and can wait for a decently priced one to appear or find one at a local show that may keep the price down.
HAPCO has reproduced units for I think $125 or so . Just have to check EBay daily . That’s what I do so I am the one to find it cheaper and snatch it up. Good luck

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Wheel Tire Vehicle Tractor Automotive tire Tire Wheel Tractor Vehicle Automotive tire
He is correct they were flat with no ribs in those years. They will all work but some are very picky about having the correct items with their units.
The first pic side cover is the one u need on another 64 , the other is on a 67 you can see the difference is basically just the three ribs on them

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
View attachment 6785 View attachment 6787
He is correct they were flat with no ribs in those years. They will all work but some are very picky about having the correct items with their units.
The first pic side cover is the one u need on another 64 , the other is on a 67 you can see the difference is basically just the three ribs on them
The motor in mine was changed some time ago. It is a 1966. So the cover has the ribs in it.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
It’s all good enjoy it . I wouldnt sweat the small stuff unless it bothers you .
Covers is easily swapped out. One of mine is like that but it’s not a big deal.
Make it your own

·
Registered
230 Posts
I also forgot the crank side cover is also different. Do you have pictures of the pto side cover.I think thats what he originally asked.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts