JD Fanatic Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I was at an auction and bought this 64 110.It's in pretty good shape.I found a couple issues when I got home and started to try and get it running.Solenoid was clicking when I got a good battery in it.I changed that.I had to remove battery tray to get to solenoid and found that the red wire that goes to the generator the insulation was melted off.I pulled that off and put new wires in the switch connector and am going to try and get that back together today.It appears to be complete with all the shields and covers that that year had.

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Nice find on the 110 Craig. You know you keep buying the John Deere tractors and you run out of room for that MF16 let me know LOL.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
George don't worry.I won't run out of room for that,but if I would decide to part with it i'll keep you in mind. :D

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was working on getting the 64 running again on sunday.No matter what I do it still won't start.i pulled the head to look at the head gasket and found the exhaust valve was stuck open. I  sprayed penetrating oil in port and left it soak for a while.Then it freed up but would still stick open when cranked around.Ifinally got it so it opened and closed on its own.While I had the head off I cleaned the carbon off of it,and cleaned the block mating surface real good.I didn't have the torque sequence or the torque specs with me so i'll work on that this week sometime.Glad I found something wrong with it.I was getting worried I don't know how many times I set points and ran fine right off the bat with no issues.I think I reset these 3 different times.It seemed like it was a timing issue at first.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts