• Welcome to JD Fanatics Forum

Paint issues lol

Discussion in 'The Toolbox' started by backwoods, Jun 25, 2016.

1. backwoods

backwoods Well-Known Member

This is the can from.which I paint the blade an rims for my 300 an somebody ( you know who you are lol) was giving me a hard time over saying it looked like I put cub paint on them. This color is way off for a 76' but it's better then rust an there protected until I get around to repainting it. 

20160625_072328.jpg

2 people like this.
  2. Kster526

Kster526 Well-Known Member

Oley, Pa
    hhhhhhhhbmmmmmmmmmm...........................any hints?

2 people like this.

3. backwoods

yes the new jd yellow is much darker then it should be compared to the yellow on my 76' 300. Well we know it wasnt you Kyle if i remember right its the guy who bleeds green an yellow lol

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2016
    3 people like this.
  4. backwoods

yes if you look under a different topic i took a picture of the paint chips i have here at work an the new yellow is much darker then most equipment has on it

3 people like this.
  5. jd.rasentrac

jd.rasentrac Well-Known Member

Am I right, Greg, orange is the new ... yellow?! It's better to bring the can back to the shop ;)

2 people like this.
  6. backwoods

the can came from one of the previous guy that made paint at work an the customer never picked it up so i was told to dispose of it so i decided to use it  

2 people like this.
  7. Kster526

Kster526 Well-Known Member

Oley, Pa
    I'm worried about the guy that commented on the "Yellow" he has entered into the "RED" zone . I' m sure his son will love the tractor but am worried he'll be shun from the "Elfian" lair upon completion and then there's the storage within the Green garage that the tractor itself might be in danger after the door goes down and the lights go out.   LOL!!!!!!!!!!

2 people like this.