JD Fanatic Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Administrator
911 Posts
The 140 appears to be a 1970 model year. A hot bath would probably clean that one up real nice!

·
Super Moderator
841 Posts
Take the fender pans off and give them a good soaking with your favorite brand of penetrating oil.let them soak for a while then try to push them down. If they move just keep wiping of the crud respray and repeat. If all else fails take them out and soak in ATF.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Take the fender pans off and give them a good soaking with your favorite brand of penetrating oil.let them soak for a while then try to push them down. If they move just keep wiping of the crud respray and repeat. If all else fails take them out and soak in ATF.
Push them down?.
These have turn knobs right in front of the seat.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok on the 1970 140h3
The relief valve is on the rear and is a shaft with a rod going through it correct?.
Which way does it turn to freewheel?
I don't know what position it's in right now.
Counter clockwise?.

·
Registered
134 Posts
If you have access to a decent 2 wheel dolly (hand truck) you might be able to move them with that. I put a bolt in the hitch plate on my 212 to keep things from sliding off when I do this. Another option would be to pull the tires and use the dolly to support the rear. They aren’t crazy expensive at HD and you will find 100’s of uses for one once you have it.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts