JD Fanatic Forums banner

New Project

4K views 44 replies 6 participants last post by  johndeereelfman 
#1 ·
Starting a new project and hoping it turns out ok. If all goes well we will be able to call it a barrel train and it will haul the little ones around at the Roots Tractor Show and perhaps other places. Here are some pictures of progress so far. Please be kind to me on the comments about my messy garage.

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Red Fender Motor vehicle

Wood Cylinder Tin Bullet Auto part

Table Tool Wood Machine tool Door

Automotive tire Bumper Gas Automotive exterior Tool

Cabinetry Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Tool cabinet

Bumper Wood Automotive exterior Machine tool Gas

Wood Bumper Gas Composite material Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Hood Bumper Automotive exterior Motor vehicle

Wood Gas Control panel Machine Audio equipment

Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Electricity Cable Gas

See less See more
#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Glad to finally have the opportunity to pull our weight Don! Enjoyed spending a few hours with you today, and working as a team. First time use for Caleb using the plasma cutter and grinder, and I think he did us both proud! 

However, he is still talking about using the plasma cutter, and is still trying to talk me into buying one of our own! He started bragging to his mom when we got home, and was in the middle of telling her how good he was using it, when she busted his bubble by asking, "I have no idea as to what you are even talking about."   :D

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
Great job guys, looks like you have a great plan and plenty of help. I'm sure they will  be a big crowd pleaser in June.

Plasma cutters are great it's like cutting butter with a warm knife. Been years since I've  used one.

Would never ever comment about a dirty garage Don that just means there being used. I do like the metal table top for fabricating and projects. Looks like a nice set up there you have

Troy it's good to see a father son project like that. So many kids these days show little or no interest in that type of work and when we were young it was a right of passage and you begged to help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.