JD Fanatic Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
880 Posts
I've tried their brand Kyle, and let's just say, you'll be lucky if you will be able to finish the can. I've been having a lot of problems with Rustoleum brand spray cans, especially their gloss black. They always seem to clog up before getting the can empty, and no matter what I do, it seems I can never get the nozzles clean enough to finish the can contents. 

I think their yellow is too dark, but that's just me. Side-by-side with John Deere's yellow, you'll see what I mean. 

·
Registered
15 Posts
It's been a while since I've posted on here, been somewhat busy, but if there is one thing I've learned the hard way over and over. There is no paint that compares to the deere paint for quality when it comes to JD Green and JD yellow.  Once we started using the deere paint, we never looked back. The other colors you might need aren't as critical. 

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
I'd have to agree with both of you but after the problems I had with a few of my  last cans and the price continually climbing I have opened my eyes a little further to see what else is around.

I like my restorations to be the exact colors so if the others won't match I will not use them but having an alternative is nice though.

·
Super Moderator
880 Posts
I didn't think you'd like it Kyle! 

·
Super Moderator
880 Posts
It's been a while since I've posted on here, been somewhat busy, but if there is one thing I've learned the hard way over and over. There is no paint that compares to the deere paint for quality when it comes to JD Green and JD yellow.  Once we started using the deere paint, we never looked back. The other colors you might need aren't as critical. 
Glad to have you back with us Chris! 

·
Registered
229 Posts
Kind of an interesting fact i found out about spray cans is that some brands have a dot on the pressed metal cap that seals can.I think the dots are normally black.Well anyway that is  the direction the straw is pointing in the bottom of the can.Turn your nozel to line the tip and the black dot,and you can spray until can is empty without twisting or turning can to get the last of the paint out.I know rustoleums cans are marked.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts