JD Fanatic Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Welcome,
I would not see why not as long as ratings are all the same. Wonder if the auto parts store could cross it for you

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome,
I would not see why not as long as ratings are all the same. Wonder if the auto parts store could cross it for you
Thank you.
I think the parts store could match it up pretty well as far as the ratings go. I haven’t been able to find one with a matching plug arrangement and I’m not too keen on cutting the old plug out of the wiring harness and wiring in a new one. I have a (probably misguided) desire to keep it original.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
9C8E7926-1FE5-4262-90DA-2DCB84CA0751.jpeg CBA15BA8-5A0A-43F8-9E7D-3FEE0EF60D49.jpeg My fleet. The 111 was free and the 112 wasn’t much more. Both run fine (after a little “tlc”). The 112 is the one that had the bad pto clutch brake relay. I finally got around to wiring in an automotive relay only to find out on closer inspection that the pto clutch brake is missing anyway, so it was all for naught! Oh well, I’ll see how it goes without it. The garage is getting a little crowded...might be time to get rid of the Craftsman. Or the 51 Chevy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
7DC96BDD-F4B4-44F3-89F9-557520C0FB92.jpeg 5BA675F7-6762-45B4-ABEE-8F4B5FC913ED.jpeg
you know a pic of the ole 51 and the craftsman would be very nice also.
Well, there’s the craftsman, 12.5 hp Tecumseh. Inherited from my grandfather. I think it’s about the same vintage as the 111, mid 80’s. Then there’s the 51 Chevy, right where it’s been sitting for thirty years...not my proudest moment.

·
Registered
217 Posts
View attachment 8683 View attachment 8685 My fleet. The 111 was free and the 112 wasn’t much more. Both run fine (after a little “tlc”). The 112 is the one that had the bad pto clutch brake relay. I finally got around to wiring in an automotive relay only to find out on closer inspection that the pto clutch brake is missing anyway, so it was all for naught! Oh well, I’ll see how it goes without it. The garage is getting a little crowded...might be time to get rid of the Craftsman. Or the 51 Chevy.
I say ditch the craftsman, keep the chevy.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Ditto the 51 is awesome . Had a 49 truck for awhile. Sold it and bought the Streetrod.
A Chaser wouldn’t that make things a tad tighter in there!!!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts