JD Fanatic Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
I always say I'm going to look at a tractor . I then follow up with I am not sure what I'm going to do with it when and if I bring it home.Once you get it home and start working on it my second line is that I've kind of fell in love with it and do not want to sell it now.  Since I am out of space and cash at the moment I have not been looking ( real hard) but you never know when that one you've wanted just pops up. Tell her you have room for one more on the trailer. LOL !!!!!

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Great idea but I am sure she'll want her own color. You could build a 4x4 wagon with a child's seat and roll bar and put Avery in that . Another idea is to make a square seat like the A's or B' s have that's two people wide and Avery could enjoy the view from the front. Good luck

·
Super Moderator
1,001 Posts
Greg,

If she is the one that wants a tractor to drive around at the shows, then it sounds to me that you don't need an excuse to buy another tractor. It sounds to me that she has already given you permission to buy another tractor. 

As for me, what can I say, I'm a man and have to keep up with all of the other men that I know who trained me. Our wives say we only hear what we want to hear, so as a man, I do the best I can to understand exactly what she said, then determine how I can change her wording around so that it sounds like I was given permission to spend the money and buy what I need for the collection. When the buying deal is done, and she confronts me about why I bought it, I explain to her the conversation that she and I had, except I only use the words that I heard, using extreme caution, and then wait for her reaction. When she gets mad, I use the phrase, "I guess you were right, I only hear what I want to hear". Three days later, I then pick myself up off the kitchen floor, mend the bruise on the back of my head, put the #10 Griswald Skillet back in the cabinet, then think to myself, "Wow, that actually went pretty well this time!"  :lol:

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All good ideas I need to make a note book of ideas an keep it locked in the garage. Well i have good an disappointing news all at once a guy that comes into work knows I have tractors an go to shows an he is an auction goer this past weekend a 110 an a 112 sold each for 175 complete with decks an blades I told him to he should have bought them.An i.would have given him 200 each possibly if he had

1 - 10 of 10 Posts