JD Fanatic Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
1st post here on JDfanatics looking forward to talking with my fellow members hearing your comments and gaining some much needed experience and knowledge being new to the world of garden tractors seems I have a lot to learn, I have worked on my own cars and trucks all my life and I know what a wrench looks like and I have keep my riding lawn mower maintained but not a project garden tractor  with parts missing I now have 2 projects my latest is a JD210 got a great deal on it and its the best of the 2 (don't tell my other tractor I said that) I thought as far as getting it going quicker from what I have been told the engine on it is a pump, generator, welder engine with a tapered shaft did not know this when I bought it and really would have not mattered it was to cheap to pass up even with a few little things missing.

So now I need to figure out what to do about my engine I was told about a adapter for a tapered shaft to a straight shaft I check out some small engine shops and no one at least around here has ever heard of  a adapter for that application.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Think I will try and get the pump motor running and find it a new home, found a 14hp that is complete and suppose to be a good running engine that came off a JD214 still has the pulleys, exhaust shroud, muffler, motor mounts, said it needed a coil and points guess that means you can't here it run ? that's the worst of it to me besides not posting any contact info, he wants $225 firm but cash might get a discount, about 75mi trip to pick it up I sent a note to his email haven't heard nothing yet, that's money I don't need to spend right now but that sure would put the wheels in motion if the motor is good, I have a extra .22 mag rifle I could trade in   

1 - 3 of 3 Posts