JD Fanatic Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had one of the 60's out today so I figured I'd snap a few pictures. This one is a 1967 and so far, this is the only cab that I have mounted. Still trying to decide which of my other 60's I should mount the other two cabs on. I'd still like to find a first year 1966 60 which would definitely get a cab, but don't know if I should mount the third cab onto my '68 or '69 60.

The cab itself isn't in too bad of shape except for needing a good steam cleaning, the windshield replaced, and a little stretching of the hood cover so that the headlight opening line up better, but other than that, it's complete. The other two cabs are almost in the same condition with the exception of a few small canvas tears, and all side vinyl windows needing replaced. Still, can't find many of these cabs so I'm very happy with what I have. Now to just find the time to restore this little tractor and the cab.

20200816_111425.jpg
20200816_111435.jpg
20200816_111446.jpg
20200816_111503.jpg
20200816_111526.jpg

·
Super Moderator
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well Johnny......

-7hp VH70 vertical shaft Tecumseh motor. Hopefully your motor is good because if it isn't, it's very hard to find replacement parts, Especially overbored pistons, rings, and rods.
-Chrome plated 3 spoke steering wheels were used on 1970-1972 tractors. Black plastic steering wheels used on 1973 & 1974 tractors.
-3 speed transmissions consisting of 3 forward gears and one reverse. It's pretty close to being the same 3 speed transmission as used in the 1963/1964 110 round fenders.
-60 and 70 tractors are considered lawn tractors, not garden tractors.

Available options:
Model 32 snowthrower
Model 34 2 blade mower deck
Model 40 front snow blade

Rear wheel weights are basically front wheel weights for the larger garden tractors and usually run in the $200 range on Ebay if you can find them.

Hopefully this brings you up to speed, but if you have additional questions, just ask away!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well Johnny......

-7hp VH70 vertical shaft Tecumseh motor. Hopefully your motor is good because if it isn't, it's very hard to find replacement parts, Especially overbored pistons, rings, and rods.
-Chrome plated 3 spoke steering wheels were used on 1970-1972 tractors. Black plastic steering wheels used on 1973 & 1974 tractors.
-3 speed transmissions consisting of 3 forward gears and one reverse. It's pretty close to being the same 3 speed transmission as used in the 1963/1964 110 round fenders.
-60 and 70 tractors are considered lawn tractors, not garden tractors.

Available options:
Model 32 snowthrower
Model 34 2 blade mower deck
Model 40 front snow blade

Rear wheel weights are basically front wheel weights for the larger garden tractors and usually run in the $200 range on Ebay if you can find them.

Hopefully this brings you up to speed, but if you have additional questions, just ask away!

·
Registered
5 Posts
thank you, is it worth it to get it back to correct or not. or should i just part it out. i would like to get it back to how it should be but their might be a tranny problem. It slips as it moves forward pretty bad but does move. I put new belts on but that didn't do it.

·
Super Moderator
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, if the tranny itself doesn't make a lot of noise while in motion, then the slipping is due to a worn axle key. Pull your back wheels off and inspect both axle keys. Hopefully it's just the key worn and the axle keyway's aren't worn.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts