• Welcome to JD Fanatics Forum

JD Battery Cover Kit

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by SelectOSpeed, Feb 20, 2016.

1. SelectOSpeed

SelectOSpeed Well-Known Member

Mama Deere has available a neat battery cover kit consisting of plastic cover, J bolts, wing nuts, and such. It also has a round post terminal end that I don't use, but includes the positive terminal plastic cover used on the 200 series and up. The best part is that Mama Deere provides them FREE of charge ! If I get a tractor that is missing its original hold down hardware I use the kit. Evidently there was some Stink in the past about the battery terminals being exposed near the fuel tank so Deere offers it.  For what its worth.....J.

IMG_20160220_153818872_TOP.jpg

IMG_20160220_154730165_TOP.jpg

IMG_20160220_153807234.jpg

5 people like this.
  2. johndeereelfman

johndeereelfman Member Staff Member

You just go in and ask for a kit John? Don't cost anything? Wow, didn't think anything was available for free anymore! 

2 people like this.

3. SelectOSpeed

I order them online at JD Parts and have them sent to dealer. I assume you could have it sent to your 10-20 also.  J.

2 people like this.
  4. SelectOSpeed

And yes they are FREE !

3 people like this.
  5. backwoods

backwoods Well-Known Member

Do you have a link for where your ordering them from? an is there a limit to how many you can get at once?

3 people like this.
  6. backwoods

backwoods Well-Known Member

I picked them up on Friday I got two of them since I like the safety feature so the 300 will get one as well as the 110

3 people like this.
  7. SelectOSpeed

A heads up. The 300 I'm guessing uses a larger battery. These kits only fit the smaller "lawn mower" size batteries originally installed in 60 thru 112 and RE riders. I don't know about 140s since I don't have one. Yet.

1 person likes this.
  8. jester5900

jester5900 New Member

I tried put the part number in that link and it came back with a pto clutch assemblienfor a 208 tractor?

9. SelectOSpeed

Is Part Number AM38456 as shown in pic 3 in the original post above what you used ? If so JD may have changed it. J.

10. Kster526

Kster526 Well-Known Member

Oley, Pa
    Thanks for sharing John. I have a couple of those but was unaware they were still available and for free yet. Unbelievable. I'll be trying to catch a few asap.Thank you

Chaser and SelectOSpeed like this.
  11. jester5900

jester5900 New Member

My bad, I put in a 2 instead of a 6.

Thanks

Chaser and SelectOSpeed like this.