JD Fanatic Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,001 Posts
Daryl,

Can you post a picture of your transmission please? I'm sure you are aware that the fender assembly tilts back for easy servicing? Just back out the thumb screws on either side of the fender assembly, and the whole assembly should then tilt up or back. On the right hand side of the transmission (as if you would be sitting on the tractor) you should see the double pulley that gives you the dual range option.  

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited by Moderator)
I took the bolts out of my cover and tilted it back. It does have 2 sets of pulleys like you said.

I am in high range now. Low range would have to be very slow.

Mine didn't have wing nuts it had hex head bolts so I didn't think of the fenders being able to tilt out of the way.

Thanks again for your assistance.

P9090069.JPG
P9090070.JPG

·
Super Moderator
1,001 Posts
Glad to be able to help you guys out! 

Daryl, if you go to Hapcoparts.com, you can find a set of reproduction thumb screws if you are interested in buying a set  OR You can visit your local hardware store and just buy a set of standard thumb screws. Neither the hardware store set nor the Hapco set are close to the original shape, but they make due when needed.  Depending on how often you are planning on changing the speed option, the thumb screws are nice so you don't have to grab a wrench all of the time. 

1 - 7 of 7 Posts