JD Fanatic Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replaced the drive belt and others on the tractor. Did the variator clutch adjustment and there is still slack in the drive belt. There is not a spring adjustment under the tractor to tighten I have found on mine. Now the speed lever moves freely. You can set it anywhere and does not make a difference. Clutch pedal all the way up now after doing the adjustment. Jerky when you put it into gear, and let off the clutch to move forward. Once going it ok. Nursed it through mowing. New drive belt came off once, had to put that back on. Need assistance to get this all resolved.
Used all John Deere belts.

Thanks

Lew

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Sounds as though the adjustments are just that not adjusted. Also check the variator pulley is it moving when handle is adjusted if not you need to lube and free it up first before you can do any adjusting. Was the handle for the variator in the right notch when you adjusted it ?Did Mother Deere give you the correct belts?
A chance also that the tensioner spring is worn out .
I replaced one of mine belt tensioner springs with a spring from a mower deck tensioner pulley and it worked great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts