JD Fanatic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few old tractors. My 140 has a loader on it. I'm thinking of removing the loader and adding back a mowing deck. 48" is what I want. What other machines had a deck that would work? Arms ,etc ??

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yes, my mower is complete. have two mowers 48 inch, one is a very early model with new blades and I just put it on my 1968 H1. Have not cut with it yet as I put it on last week and on Friday I did a road trip from Minnesota to new York to pick up a 1973 H1 140, with a 48 inch deck and a 1974 H3 140 with a snowblower, 43 inch deck, and a rototiller.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I will sell one of the 48 inch mower decks to you. It has the arms on it. I am in the Twin Cities area of Minnesota. How close are you to me? Next weekend I am making a run out to Pittsburgh to pick up another.

·
Registered
49 Posts
If you were anywhere east of me I would have dropped it off as I am heading that way. When you say you need the arms, you are talking about the two arms on the deck itself and not the J Hooks that come down from either side of the tractor and hook into the arms correct?

·
Registered
49 Posts
what about the two rear hooks? If you look at the mower from the side it hooks in 3 places, the mule in front, then a spring loaded hook and the a pin in the rear. I don't know what those rear ones are called. I call them a j hook as they kind of resemble a J. I discovered I was missing the ones on the 1968 I just bought (shame on me for assuming they were there) I will take ones off of the 1969 I have. I just need to figure out how to get the left side loose. Right came right off but the left one seems to have a trick to doing it. I will have to ask how to get it off.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Correct, like I said this tractor has a loader on it. Nothing like that i hanging down. No mule drive, it was used as a loader. I need everything except the front spring hooks, those are there.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ok, so you need a mule drive, the straps are available from your John Deere dealer, I just ordered a set and they are 100.00 and a mower deck. The arms come with the mower deck. I guess I could part with a mule, I have one for each of my tractors. Have you checked to see if you can find one in your area?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I look all the time. I live/moved to the middle of nowhere. I don't have connections, it's poor here :) .I see nothing ever for sale like this. I do look a lot.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just called the dealer a new mule is 715 dollars. Must be made of gold! I looked on eBay and there were 2 listed for sale, one was useless as it is incomplete and the other was pretty beat up for 129. I am not looking to sell but will as you have said you can't find it elsewhere. Please email me.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts