JD Fanatic Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys. I'm new to this forum. I have a 1965 JD 110. Although I found what I believe is a 63' today sitting behind a guys shop in the weeds. Serial #2714. Would this have interchangeable parts with my 65'? I don't have a deck for the 65' and the deck on the 63' is mint. I've attached a photo of the serial # plate. The 63' seems to be complete other that engine is most likely stuck. Let me know what anyone thinks! Thank you.

image.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
984 Posts
First, Welcome to the site, glad to have you on board! 

As for your question, here is my opinion. I'd get the '63 110 if possible, and put your time and effort into getting it back and running. The '63 will be a lot more valuable then the '65 110, especially if the mower deck is in as mint condition as you say it is. They only made 1,000 110's in 1963, so I'd do what I could to make the '63 110 part of your collection.

As for interchangeable parts between the '63 and '65, I don't know that I really want to tell you, as I'd hate to see you take the '63 apart just to use a couple parts on your '65. Get the '63 110 at a good price, then let me buy it from you for the same price, and I'll throw in all of the '65 parts that you need. You don't loose any money, and will gain the completion of your '65 110.  :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks johndeereelfman!

Im going to try to get the 63' tomorrow. I understand what your saying about how rare these 63's are. I like to keep things as original as possible. If this has engine problems, are the Kohler 7hp parts hard to come by? I really haven't looked it over real well (being surrounded by brush) . However it looks to have the original rubber and everything intact. I'll post picks if I get it. Thanks for the advice on not swapping parts between the two. That's not gonna happen now!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts