JD Fanatic Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm not really a JD guy, I prefer my Wheel Horses, but I recently "inherited" (reads "Saved from scrap pile") a couple of older JD 110s from my grandfather after he passed last month.

He bought them at a local auction with plans to restore them and didn't get very far.

I don't know a ton about either. One has a K181S engine, which I am super familiar with after putting my WH 855 back in order. The other currently has no engine, but I found a very green Tecumseh-looking critter with it, and Gramps was always talking about needing parts for an "Old Techumsy engine".

Since I am partial to the Kholer engines my plan is to make the Tecumseh-powered one run and see what I can get for it, do a full restore on the Kohler-powered one, and keep it around as a sort of show-piece.

But first things first. I need some help ID'ing exactly what I am working on.

Both look like this, more or less:

Here are my ID/Serial numbers

Techumseh unit:

SN12314002670M

Kholer unit:

SNT1031060267M

Thanks for any insight anyone might have into these two pieces.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Well yes the Tecumseh one is a 112. Are the footrests welded on or bolted on? That would be the easiest way to tell what year it is.(without access to a registry at the moment). 66 would be bolted, 67 welded.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well yes the Tecumseh one is a 112. Are the footrests welded on or bolted on? That would be the easiest way to tell what year it is.(without access to a registry at the moment). 66 would be bolted, 67 welded.
I'll have to look at Techumseh tomorrow. I can see in the picture of the Kholer one that the foot rests are on carriage bolts, so that should be a 66.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Where are you located? I might be interested in the tecumseh powered 112.

Reactions: Kster526

·
Registered
81 Posts
Reactions: Kster526

·
Registered
81 Posts
No hurry, whenever you get the chance.

·
Registered
250 Posts
You scored there,Looks like the tecumseh unit is a early serial #112. Thats the 1st year for the 112 and are highly sought after. The 110 also looks like its a 66 from the serial # but not as valuable as the 66 112.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got a few minutes to start working on them tonight.

They are a bit more servicable than I originally through. The hood and grille come off pretty easy.

I think the Kholer is going to need a carb. The inside of that poor Carter was nasty. The choke and throttle butterflys are both stuck solid. I have it sitting in a tub of Marvel right now. I'll add about 10% E-0 gasoline tomorrow and let it soak until the weekend. I've saved a few Johnson and Nikki carbs that way, but this is worse than any of them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts