JD Fanatic Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First timer here, so take it easy on me.  When my grandfather died 6 years ago I inherited his John Deere 110.  T0641 - 101921M (1968 I believe) Would  someone with limited mechanical knowledge like me be able to get this thing running again.  What are the costs for replacement parts, i.e. Outrageous or relatively affordable.   It has been sitting in my garage for the past 6 years but I have fond memories working on it with my grandfather.  I would prefer to get it running as opposed to selling for parts.   I guess the question is 2 parts, is restoring old JD's to running condition something that should be left to the experts or can it be learned?  Second question, does anyone have a estimated worth of this thing (no mower deck)

·
Super Moderator
982 Posts
I say if it is mostly complete it's worth saving especially if it has sentimental value. As far as how hard it will be to get it going that's hard to say. Their is plenty of help around if you need it, just ask

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Like Don said, there is plenty of help around here. You can stop at your local JD dealer and get pricing. You'll most likely need a battery(easy) points,condenser,spark plug(easy) and a carb rebuild kit which is  really not hard if you take your time. Drain the old gas and oil out of it before trying to start it. You can do it.If your unsure use the internet.There are a ton of videos that people post (not all are correct) that can show you the basics of doing what you need to. You've got to start somewhere. Take your time, take notes if you need to or what i like is pictures on the phone to help when I get stuck. Good luck .....you can do it!!

Be cautioned though that a successful repair and sense of pride you feel after that could lead you down the path of addiction to the hobby we all enjoy so much.   

·
Registered
120 Posts
First timer here, so take it easy on me.  When my grandfather died 6 years ago I inherited his John Deere 110.  T0641 - 101921M (1968 I believe) Would  someone with limited mechanical knowledge like me be able to get this thing running again.  What are the costs for replacement parts, i.e. Outrageous or relatively affordable.   It has been sitting in my garage for the past 6 years but I have fond memories working on it with my grandfather.  I would prefer to get it running as opposed to selling for parts.   I guess the question is 2 parts, is restoring old JD's to running condition something that should be left to the experts or can it be learned?  Second question, does anyone have a estimated worth of this thing (no mower deck)
Let the 110 be part of your life and than you know the worth of this inherited tractor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts