JD Fanatic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping somebody could fill me in on the Dover show in August and what is involved with either registering, set up or showing . Never have been there and Greg has mentioned about it. Wanted to know what you guys may know. Do we need to have everything in on Thursday night ? Can we come Friday morning ? Do you have to stay all weekend?

Thanks guys

·
Super Moderator
984 Posts
Kyle, you don't have to be there on Thursday morning if it don't work out for your schedule. Friday morning would be fine. It's quite a big show with lots to do. There is a auction on Saturday morning, that usually takes up most of the day, so bring your wallet!!

In the evenings and throughout the day on Saturday, there are tractor pulls and truck pulls. I believe they also have live entertainment Friday and Saturday evenings as well, but don't hold me to that. Up until 2011, they only allowed Farm Tractors, but in 2011 they gambled and allowed us Garden Tractor guys to see what they'd get. I believe we overwhelmed them, as there were over 600 garden tractors in attendance that year. I'll see if I can find their website for you. 

Real nice show, and I've attended numerous times. Oh and no, you don't have to stay all weekend. Saturday however, seems to be the best day for attendance. 

·
Super Moderator
984 Posts
No need to preregister. Just show up and they will point you to where they want you to set up. 

I'm still not sure if I'm going yet this year or not. If I decide to go, I'll make sure you are aware of it. I'm pretty sure Don, George and his Dad will all be there. They don't usually miss it. 

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
As far as food or cooking at the show will there be a dinner for forum members like there was at sons house an if so would you guys be open to a trash can Turkey? I have a can an the holder an it will hold 2 turkeys or 3 whole chickens.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts