• Welcome to JD Fanatics Forum

Info on Dover Old Tyme days

Discussion in 'Tractor Events Forum' started by Kster526, Jun 6, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Kster526

Kster526 Well-Known Member

Oley, Pa
    I was hoping somebody could fill me in on the Dover show in August and what is involved with either registering, set up or showing . Never have been there and Greg has mentioned about it. Wanted to know what you guys may know. Do we need to have everything in on Thursday night ? Can we come Friday morning ? Do you have to stay all weekend?

Thanks guys

1 person likes this.
  2. backwoods

backwoods Well-Known Member

ill go to the show as soon as i get dates to get the time off however im only going to bring 2 tractors

2 people like this.

3. johndeereelfman

johndeereelfman Member Staff Member

Kyle, you don't have to be there on Thursday morning if it don't work out for your schedule. Friday morning would be fine. It's quite a big show with lots to do. There is a auction on Saturday morning, that usually takes up most of the day, so bring your wallet!!

In the evenings and throughout the day on Saturday, there are tractor pulls and truck pulls. I believe they also have live entertainment Friday and Saturday evenings as well, but don't hold me to that. Up until 2011, they only allowed Farm Tractors, but in 2011 they gambled and allowed us Garden Tractor guys to see what they'd get. I believe we overwhelmed them, as there were over 600 garden tractors in attendance that year. I'll see if I can find their website for you. 

Real nice show, and I've attended numerous times. Oh and no, you don't have to stay all weekend. Saturday however, seems to be the best day for attendance. 

2 people like this.
  4. Kster526

Oley, Pa
    Do you need to call or pre register for it ?

Thanks for the info it's very helpful. Are you going this year ?

2 people like this.
  5. johndeereelfman

No need to preregister. Just show up and they will point you to where they want you to set up. 

I'm still not sure if I'm going yet this year or not. If I decide to go, I'll make sure you are aware of it. I'm pretty sure Don, George and his Dad will all be there. They don't usually miss it. 

3 people like this.
  6. truck21

truck21 Moderator Staff Member

Manheim Pa
    Yeah I plan to be there.

3 people like this.
  7. Kster526

Oley, Pa
    Ok I'll talk to pop and see what his interests are. Thanks guys

3 people like this.
  8. backwoods

I have the weekend off just need to get  hotel reservations 

3 people like this.
  9. johndeereelfman

It would be cool if we all went and set up together. I may just have to get some tractors together for this one.  ;)

3 people like this.
  10. backwoods

Who's bringing the grill an cooler?

3 people like this.
  11. backwoods

We booked a hotel last night for the show well be in town thursday by 4

3 people like this.
  12. backwoods

how do we make sure we can all set up together?

3 people like this.
  13. Kster526

Oley, Pa
    I'm on vacation right now. Will double check dates and let you all know for sure next week when we get back from the battery recharge. It would be nice to have the tractors together.

3 people like this.
  14. backwoods

The Durango will be up for the trip this time around an were buying a canopy after using her parents we decidedthat we should have one. An I might have a surprise along with two that you guys have seen already.

3 people like this.
  15. truck21

Manheim Pa
    If we have already seen it it's not going to be much of a surprise is it? 

3 people like this.
  16. backwoods

Well i have located 2 other gts an if I get both one or both might make it to the show depending on weight on the trailer. An of course I'll have Averys an the cub.

3 people like this.
  17. truck21

Manheim Pa
    Hey Greg,

Good luck on your quest for more gt's you will soon be like most of us with more projects then we will probably ever have time to get done.LOL.

3 people like this.
  18. backwoods

To my knowledge both prospects run an function as they should.

3 people like this.
  19. backwoods

As far as food or cooking at the show will there be a dinner for forum members like there was at sons house an if so would you guys be open to a trash can Turkey? I have a can an the holder an it will hold 2 turkeys or 3 whole chickens.

2 people like this.
  20. backwoods

Well not sure we going to be able to make this show inless something changes but hopefully we can if not ill be at the oley show

3 people like this.