JD Fanatic Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 1982 model 317. Yesterday was the first time I tried to do any work with it. I was pulling a set of harrows around to try and level the ground around my recently built shop, and the transmission lever kept working its way back to neutral. I would be watching my harrows, and would slow right down to a stop, and when I check, I was almost back in neutral every few minutes. The 317 did a good job with the harrows, 3 feet wide by 4 feet long, with 40 lbs of brick on top, but I had to hold the trans. lever in place.
Is there a spring mechanism or something that is wore out? I am still trying to find a shop manual so I can work on this, and am fairly mechanically inclined, but I don't want to start ripping things apart, blindly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick response. Hopefully I will have time to tear into this in the upcoming few days.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
My 300 does the same thing i did cleaning the linkage all up when i had it apart for the rebuild an its not as bad but im used to it now ive had the tractor 5 years now

1 - 4 of 4 Posts