JD Fanatic Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK group,

Let's see who is up for a challenge. Maybe separate the men from the boys!! 馃

With the Memorial Day, 3 day weekend coming up at the end of this month, I thought maybe we could each get our tractor collections out and post a group picture of them all. It's up to each member to decide whether or not to include mounted attachments in their photo.

Just thought this might be a great way to show off your entire collection plus after the photo is taken, it would be a spectacular gift to get the picture blown up and mounted in a frame, and then give it to yourself as a Father's Day present to yourself next month.

So who will accept the challenge? Oh, and this IS NOT a competition. We aren't looking to see who has the most restored or who has the most tractors. This is just an opportunity for each member to snap the photo that we've all dreamed about, but have dreaded due to getting everything out and set up. Just have fun and enjoy it.

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shoot, it'll take me the whole month just to get them lined up! However, I know a good, agitating friend, who lives close by that I can con into helping me if I need it. He wants me to lead by example, then I may have to call upon him in order to fulfill his request!! 馃ぃ馃ぃ

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't even know if my yard is big enough to get a group shot. 馃槙

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If only it would be that easy Kyle. There are only 7 tractors in the garage right now. It's trying to get the ones out behind the garage into the yard that will be the hard part. That is without having to push each one around the block and bringing them in through the front yard.

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I ran the idea of having the entire collection lined up in the backyard for a group picture to my wife around 5:00 today. I finally came to about 10 minutes ago. I'm hoping to have feeling back in my body soon so that I have enough strength to get up from the floor.

Registered
I would love to partake and get my 2 tractors, 80 cart and handful of implements out for a photo shoot, but, our daughter鈥檚 open house is coming up in June and I have received my 鈥渉oney must do鈥 list so my weekends are spoken for. 馃様
I do sneak off to the barn and work on the 110 for a few minutes every now and then. 馃か
I will enjoy looking at your photos though.

Registered
This sounds like a great idea, but I have a few concerns:

1. Will everything fit back into the places that some of you have spent years getting them into?
2. Danger of 鈥測ou have too many and need to get rid of some鈥 comments from our better halves.

I think that it鈥檚 probably worth the risk...

Dave

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Trust me Dave, if I can get them out and put back exactly how they were, you can do it too! It might take me a weekend or two to get them back just right, but it can be done! 馃榿

As for the spouses comments, that is a fear of mine as well. She thinks she knows everything I have, but in reality she only knows about half the collection. If I can keep her mind more concerned about me killing the new grass then the tractor collection, I'll be home free!! 馃槅

1 - 20 of 42 Posts