JD Fanatic Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I have a 425 with a Fd620d Kawasaki engine,the previous owner removed some of the stickers so I have no model numbers I got that number off the engine. The problem is it starts good, it idles good,it runs good at high speed for about 1-2 min then it start to sputter and pops through the carb.i took off the carb and clean it replaced fuel filter and it does the same thing.what could be wrong with it any help would be appreciated
Thanks guys

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
CONDENSER? PROBABLY NOT A POINTS ENGINE WHAT WAS I THINKING?FUEL PICK UP SCREEN CLOGGED? ELECTRICAL CONNECTION LOOSE?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for answering but the way it is I am thinking fuel system.i gonna check the fuel pickup never thought of that,thanks again

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was playing around with the mixture and there was no response from the engine it has a limiter cap on lt and right next to it is another adjustment screw it was screwed in tight I backed it out a little and gas started leaking from it,the more I backed out the screw the more it leaked. I am confused on what adjustment screw this if for?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah that’s what I was thinking.Now where is a good place to buy a rebuild kit for it? Thanks for your help Kster526

1 - 7 of 7 Posts