JD Fanatic Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am restoring a few pieces of equipment such as the 318, 314, 214 210 and even 2 La 115's. I joined the forum to gain knowledge from you all. I have been reading threads and there is sooo much information. So, before I start asking questions, I will read the threads for those specific issues. Thank you all for this great forum. Hey, while I am posting, does anybody know of swap meets in the Pa. area? I would love to have contacts that would be willing to email back and forth and swap parts and such. Thanks again,

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Welcome to the club! Sounds like a descent heard ya have. Need some pics.
There's few of us in the Reading/Lancaster area, so you are not far away. There is an indoor show/swap meet at the Lebanon Expo center in February, usually a descent show.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the club! Sounds like a descent heard ya have. Need some pics.
There's few of us in the Reading/Lancaster area, so you are not far away. There is an indoor show/swap meet at the Lebanon Expo center in February, usually a descent show.
Wow, thank you, I would love to attend. My neighbor is a retired service manager for a deere dealership and would also like to attend. You know the exact date? Thanks Chaser!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OH, I just realized that the 14th is valentines day. I can't really go to a tractor show on that day but I can go on the 15th......if everything goes good on the 14th. HA! I'd better be on my best behavior.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you very much, that dang variator may present an issue and the steering boxes. Do all the 200 series have motor mount issues. I have welded in metal on several and drilled holes for new mounts. Man, I don't think I'm gonna gather up any more 200 stuff, I'm spoiled with the 300 series. I got two 214's and a 210 that need going over and then SOLD. I get tired of the same old fixes. I'm gonna add you to my follow list and reach out every now and again to pick your brain. Thanks again....

·
Super Moderator
989 Posts
I like the 200 series but I prefer gear drive over hydrostatic. As with any 40 to 50 year old piece of equipment it needs repairs but when those repairs are made correctly they will last another 40 to 50 years. A piece of advice though, if you plan to sell don't put much money into them.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, I don't like to sell a piece of equipment that isn't ready for use. So a few hundred usually makes 'em right. Those 214 and 210's are going from 500 to 900 depending on condition and of course attachments. Now if somebody wants them in the condition they are in, less work for me, also less profit. That's my problem, I see 'em and want 'em, then I take the time to make 'em right and nobody wants to pay the price for a restored machine. I don't get it, you can go purchase a piece of plastic for $2000 or a real machine for $800 and they will beat you up every time, never considering time and parts. It has to be a labor of love...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts