JD Fanatic Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Real name is George. I have been in to garden tractors for the last five years. Most of my collecting has been with all brands starting with a Massey MF12G. I have always liked John Deere tractors and garden tractors and will eventually own one. I would like to eventually have a jd 110 Round Fender and a jd 140 H3. I would also love to have a jd 430 but I am afraid it is beyond my budget.

·
Super Moderator
1,004 Posts
Real name is Troy, and I have been collecting lawn and garden tractors since 1989. My entire collection is John Deere, although my youngest son has a 1958 Wheel Horse RJ, and my oldest son has a 1969 Massey 8H. I don't collect anything newer than 1974, and most of my collection consists of round fender 110's and 112's. I'm also a big collector of the attachments, but only the early attachments that have a John Deere serial number tag. I never really got into collecting the Patio Series Tractors nor any of the Brinly or Haban attachments, and for now I'm content with where my collection is and don't really have any dream tractors that I'm watching or waiting for. 

·
Super Moderator
989 Posts
Real name is Don, I`m not loyal to any brand if I like a tractor it doesn't matter what brand it is. That said I have five John Deere tractors and two Cub cadets along with an MTD that cuts the lawn. My plan is to someday have one of each of the first year tractors of the 200 series. I already have a 1975 200 and a 1975 210 so I have a ways to go.

Don

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Hey all, my real name is Brian and I have been collecting and using garden tractors since 1994. I grew up on Wheel Horse ans so that's what I first bought, then a few more red ones. I came across a deal in 2005 that got me into the John Deere tractors. I bought 22 jd tractors in the deal, mainly 140's but also got 3 120's and a couple SF 110/112. I actually got one of the 140s to start and run on the site and used it to load all the rest of the tractors. That was when I really learned how well the 140 was built and could work. I now have somewhere in the 70+ tractors of several brands, but the John Deeres are one of my favorite garden tractors to use and play around on.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just ran across this site on another forum, looked interesting! Â Some of you will recognize me from other forums, been at the jd tractor hobby for a while.

I grew up on jd, namely a 1953-60 7 this 58-720D ES:

A few years ago, I decided to start with jd garden tractors, having owned one each of the following: 110 & 112 (both RF & FF), 140 317 (modified), 420 & my current 314, 60 & 70 (both modified) 100 (under restoration) F525 mower, '04-790 w/300 loader & my latest addition 1953 40S (profile).

Looking forward to new & old information I can find here.

BTW, I'm too old to remember my real name!

Lowell

·
Registered
251 Posts
My real name is Craig.I have been collecting garden tractors since 2001.My first garden tractor was a 1969 Massey Ferguson 7.I'm not brand specific.The majority of my collection is Massey.John Deere falling in 2nd place.I always liked John Deere garden tractors but they were too rich for my blood.It seems the prices have come down some or maybe I got some bargains.My first john deere was my parents neighbors 1967 110.He bought it brand new from a local dealer.I'm the 2nd owner of that one.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My name is Conway, and I'm not really a collector. I have a John Deere 70 lawn tractor and that's it. I don't have the room to collector or store tractors like some of you guys do, but my love for John Deere is what got me to join here. I'd like to find out all that I can about my little machine, and the information listed on here is a big help. This site is Great!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts