JD Fanatic Forums banner

Going Deere Hunting This Afternoon.

4965 Views 65 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  gtcollector
I've got a line on a 112. Don't know any details other than its a Flat Fender.  Stay Tuned.    J.
Reactions: 5
1 - 20 of 66 Posts
  I bid you good hunting sir, never to many gt`s right.

Don
Reactions: 4
best of luck an hopefully your herd will grow
Good hunting sir.

I'm out of ammo at this time and do my fear for personal health and well being by going hunting at this time . 
Trailer behind truck...stopped for VDay Vittles at Longhorn Steakhouse.  May not get another LGT but a 20oz Porterhouse is definitely in my future !
Hmmmm yummy sounds like a successful trip with or without the capture of a new addition to the herd. But what exactly is a vittle? (LOL) 
Reactions: 3
Vittles = Food as seen on the Beverly Hillbillies..........."someday I've got to have a long talk with that boy"......lol.   J
Nothing too special but those headlights and the correct original taillights pulled the trigger. 71 model

Wheel Tire Vehicle Tractor Automotive tire
Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle
See less See more
I'd have to say good find. Headlights, tailights , bar tires  and seat looks to be pretty good too. Is she in running condition or been sitting?

So vittles and a  new member to the herd all in one day. That's livin. My only question is do vittles include opossum?
Down here its possum... And NO it's not in my menu !  Lol
Not running for 11 years I'm told. Gummy tank carb and pump. But it's all there
At home and unloaded now. Here are more pics.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Vehicle Tractor Green
Wheel Tire Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Tractor
Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Wheel Combat vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate
Wheel Green Automotive tire Crankset Bicycle tire
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Vehicle Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Differential
Motor vehicle Gas Auto part Machine Grass
Rectangle Font Grass Signage Sign
See less See more
With the little R72 Rider now joining its Brethren in the JD Garage, the new arrival takes its place in the workshop. A correct application of a proper quantity and polarization of ElectroMotive force yielded this effect.

Automotive tire Hood Light Wood Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle
See less See more
Looks like a solid find , hood not busted up, lights, seat original and good shape. Should be up and running when a bit of integrity and ability finds its way to the internal combustion chambers and a fresh spark producing flux capacitor is installed allowing the old girl to freely breath in the life giving juice that create momentum.
Nice deere for the herd that is in great shape compared to what is available around here even better is that the lights are original an work.
whats the story with that front bumper ?
The fun begins ! Tank and carb off for cleaning and rebuilding. New Fuel pump ordered, and how about that 4 legged Deere headlamp panel. 68 on a 71 !

Green Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive exterior
Wood Automotive tire Bumper Gas Motor vehicle
Working animal Wood Automotive tire Sculpture Art
Vehicle registration plate Grille Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle
See less See more
I like the four legged emblem an the bumper
whats the story with that front bumper ?
I don't know exactly what all the intended functions were for it, but it has three symmetrically spaced holes in the face with nuts welded behind them. The bumper is made of 3 inch channel iron with 1/4 inch flat bar mounting plates to the chassis. Its built well.

Automotive tire Plant Motor vehicle Wood Grass
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle
See less See more
Yes I'd say looks like it's made well, thinking of leaving it on? Surprised the head shield is still on it also.
1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.