JD Fanatic Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought this blower awhile back from JD Beginner
Decided to tear it down and paint it and also mocked up an idea I’ve been thinking about.
I’m planning on bolting it onto the snow blower but would weld the bracket together as one. Was thinking it would increase the amount of snow going in when we have a deeper snow.
Not changing the drive gear on this one (yet)
Needs a little welding and care but will take longer to paint it.
Open to your ideas …..be kind😂
Wheel Motor vehicle Table Wood Automotive tire
Fluid Liquid Amber Wood Insect
Art Tints and shades Metal Electric blue Musical instrument

·
Registered
122 Posts

·
Administrator
911 Posts
Since no one said it yet, I guess I'll have to say it.....I think the cardboard will deteriorate after the first use!!

If you could use aluminum instead of steel, it would be a little lighter lifting. Other than that, I think the idea is good.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
😅😂😂😂
Troy thanks that was funny and I loved it my wife asked what I was laughing at.
Thanks for the input everyone I really do take your comments seriously
It’ll be hydraulic lift so not to worried about using the steel I have.
I think the extra weight will help it stay grounded. Need to work out the chains for the 314 and be kind to the driveway. I could use the ones of the 235 but they are beating up the driveway . Debating the ribs or turf with or without chains. A conversation Don and I had today

·
Registered
147 Posts
How much weight do you have on the back? Weight and a gentle approach to the clutch or hydro lever limits damage.
My setup includes loaded (used antifreeze) tires, one pair of wheel weights, 4 suitcase weights, automotive chains cut down to fit, and a Hinson soft cab on my 110 or 112 RF.

·
Administrator
911 Posts
How much weight do you have on the back? Weight and a gentle approach to the clutch or hydro lever limits damage.
My setup includes loaded (used antifreeze) tires, one pair of wheel weights, 4 suitcase weights, automotive chains cut down to fit, and a Hinson soft cab on my 110 or 112 RF.

Any pictures of your Hinson cab available?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Any pictures of your Hinson cab available?
I’ll have to dig out my laptop for one, I don’t seem to have any on my phone.

But I did find this at an antique shop today. Didn’t think they made these back in the day, and it’s in really nice shape… almost too nice to be that old, but I bought it anyways.
Old driveway marker reflector.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Finger Bird

It’s not a decal or hand painted. Seems legit, but I’m not 100% on that. Emblem is on both sides.

·
Administrator
911 Posts
The reflectors aren't that old. I believe they came out in the late '90's. You could also get them in yellow with black lettering.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts