JD Fanatic Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SOUNDS LIKE THE WEATHER GUESSERS ARE ZEROING IN ON WHAT WILL BE A LONG FEW DAYS AT WORK NOT EVEN SURE IF I'LL BE ABLE TO GET BACK HOME EARLY THURSDAY MORNING.(TOLD MYSELF I'D NEVER SLEEP AT WORK AGAIN) THESE ARE THE KINDS OF STORMS THAT MAKE YOU RETHINK WHAT YOU SIGN UP FOR.
BE CAREFUL OUT THERE THE NEXT COUPLE DAYS MY FRIENDS DRIVING AND PLOWING
SOME SEAT TIME YES BUT 18-24 IS JUST WAY TO MUCH.
THINK I'M GETTING OLD

·
Registered
62 Posts
Good advice, all you fellas back there drive safe. It looks like your snow blades and blowers will be getting a work out soon and you'll definitely have a white Christmas. I'm lucky to have warm, sunny weather out here in CA but I do miss the white Christmases that I remember when I lived back in the mid west. Take care guys.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I hadn’t started the 212 in a few weeks but I did manage to get the deck off and the blade on over the weekend. Took a bit of cranking to get her to fire off but she did start on her own.
Made a run at the first 5” without the tire chains then backed into the garage and put them back on to finish. Did much better with the tire chains.
Next on the agenda is some weight and to fabricate the missing linkage for the angling kit (thank you for all the photos Kyle).
I also need to research the lift assist spring as it doesn’t appear that mine has one.
Stay safe everyone!
Dave

·
Registered
114 Posts
I stopped at Landpro in Harrisburg (5 minutes from my place) yesterday to pick up 2 more weights to fill my rack. I’m gonna hold off until tomorrow morning to tackle this. Changed over to sleet for about a half hour a little bit ago. I prefer that on top of the snow, not under it.
273364E8-F8D6-4A4A-8B79-9BBCDF794BEA.jpeg

·
Registered
39 Posts
I like your weight setup! I’m sure mine won’t be that professional looking.

I agree with you on the sleet. I was concerned though that if I didn’t make a run at it tonight it would be too deep/saturated and take forever to move. Hopefully what has fallen since won’t be frozen solid in the morning.

Real test will be making the run to the inlaws in the morning. I tried to go tonight but couldn’t get the minivan to move in the driveway, never mind pull the loaded trailer a town over. Someone was telling me it wasn’t a good idea. I decided to listen.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thanks guys, I decided to make the mount like the Gard-N-Cart so I can mount it over the draft plate if need be. I made a pair of rear mounting brackets to hang it on. Works great!

·
Registered
39 Posts
We ended up with about 8 inches here in Berwyn PA. Heavy, wet saturated mess. Glad I made a pass through the driveway last night or it would have been even tougher.

Definitely need to work out some weight (first season with this machine). Spinning the tires entirely too much even with the chains.

How many pounds do you have hanging off the back with your setup Mini?

Biggest challenge of the day was getting the tractor on to the trailer to go to the inlaws. Four ft long 2x12s are too steep so I had to take the blade off to keep it from dragging. Also too slippery so I ended up using a block and tackle that I had hanging in the garage.

I’m pleased that nothing broke! I need to switch a front tire from my parts tractor onto my runner though as I’m on borrowed time with the one that is on there...

Stay safe everyone!

·
Registered
114 Posts
My winter setup is stock turfs (23x8.50-12) filled with antifreeze (total weight of 90 lbs each), one set of double notch wheel weights (50 lbs each iirc), weight bracket (25 lbs), and the 4 suitcase weights (168 lbs). Typically I use my 112 RF for snow duty, but I’m working out a stumbling issue with it at the moment and I have a soft cab, but it didn’t want to put that on my 110 since I just repainted it last year and the cab rubs the hood a little bit.

I have enough bite now that if the snow builds up in front of the blower or if I catch a crack in my asphalt it won’t spin, it’ll actually lift the front tires off the ground and then the blower will skip over the crack!

·
Registered
251 Posts
I stopped at Landpro in Harrisburg (5 minutes from my place) yesterday to pick up 2 more weights to fill my rack. I’m gonna hold off until tomorrow morning to tackle this. Changed over to sleet for about a half hour a little bit ago. I prefer that on top of the snow, not under it.
View attachment 8885
Thats a good idea. I like that bracket seeing how the slab weights are hard to find.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I think we had around 8". Had the Massey 14 w/snow plow out yesterday. It has the 26 12's carlisle ags on it with probably around 120 lbs of wheel weights per side. No chains. i'm surprised how well that thing pushed. Used it to clean in front of the buildings. That stuff pushed hard.

·
Registered
38 Posts
View attachment 8885
Hi MiniHomesteader. As mentioned on my thread I am in the process of making a very similar weight bracket like this for my 110. I was wondering, when you installed your weight brackets, did you use a nut on the other side? Or did you just use the threads that are already exisitng in the frame?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts