JD Fanatic Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought i would start out with why im here. I was given a free L130 circa 2004. that had been sitting for a few years showed 785 hours on it

So far ive spent 2 weeks mostly waiting for parts, bits and pieces here and there but i got her ready to cut yesterday.

So far what ive done (mostly deferred maintenance)
-scraped off the rust under some of the paint (near the foot pads) repainted with a color close to JD green
-Spark plugs, Oil, air filter, fuel filter
-Took out the gas tank to remove the bugs, leaves, etc
-Greased all the zerks
-steering gear, steering plate replaced
-wheel bearings upgrade installed
-new front tires, rear are cracked but still have tread
-few missing pieces here and there rear axle spacer, knob for the throttle etc
- New gator blades (found out spindles had been upgraded to LA130 style 7 point blade)
- removed transaxle replace the fan that was chewed up from the build up and serviced fluid. It got alot quieter after that.
-Anti-rotation bracket broke ripping the wiring out of the clutch so i rewired that and replace the bracket
- Dead battery was brought back to life so we will see how long that last with cutting every few weeks.

Before
IMG_20200809_120135.jpg

During the process
MVIMG_20200813_142242.jpg

MVIMG_20200810_195151.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First full yard cut and it did well. Excuse the seat cover alignment. Leveled the deck and adjusted the deck wheels to keep it from digging too deep on hills. Picture before leveling and adjustments. Not sure if im going to keep it for the long run. I dont think my yard size .5 acre justifies a riding lawnmower ideally i would get a zero turn 42" deck but no complaints for free.

Walking lawnmower takes a good 2 hours and this took maybe 1 hour

MVIMG_20200829_092930.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts