JD Fanatic Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
I had my first ride today on it. I finally got a decent carb and a clean tank. Installed both this morning and completed a few little things, then took it out of shop under its own power. So far here is what I've done to get it to this point.....replaced battery box/tank mount...new JD wiring harness.....rebuilt starter/generator......New Generator light from JD...... New Walmart battery.......New Air Filter element and repaint of assembly with new HAPCO decal......new original type starter solenoid.....disassembled transaxle safety switch, cleaned and adjusted......installed original wire harness from switch to solenoid and main harness (found it on eBay)....... went thru 5 carburetors before finding one on eBay that was rebuildable......installed Perfect fuel tank (eBay again) with new original type sediment bowl (HAPCO)..... rebuilt shifter, new pin, bushing, seal and gasket all from JD....drained flushed and refilled transaxle......drilled out broken bolt for quadrant ( Saved the threads !! ).....unstuck frozen stuck brake band......and removed the Frankenstein cobbled up hitch system. Its been fun and interesting to say the least. J.

IMG_20151017_134340115_TOP.jpg

·
Administrator
907 Posts
Congrats John! Glad to hear it's back in running condition again. A lot of work, but well worth it when you turn the key and hear it run.  :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts