JD Fanatic Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I’m new to the forum and would appreciate any help. I have a John Deere 2005 4310 compact tractor broke the plastic fender. I want to glue/weld it . Told by dealer they don’t know composition of the plastic and I need that information to determine what to use to repair it. It’s not bad enough to require a new fender as I have the parts that broke off.
thanks. JDJ

·
Registered
217 Posts
Thats a new one for a lot of us on this site. the only thing i can think of is try and find someone that does plastic welding. They're out there, never had to try one out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good morning, I actually found out last week that the fenders on my tractor are made of DICYCLOPENTADIN (DCPD) . John Deere calls this “METTON” as their trademark product.
If you goggle Polyvance.com and search for “Plastifix 2510”. This is the product that I researched and then talked with their technical service department. ”Scott” the tech. support guy I talked to was extremely helpful. They have done many tests on this product and the website will lead you to a detailed repair procedure with several photos on how to do the repairs.
I will let you know after the weather gets warmer up here in Maine how this works for me.

Polyvance phone number is 1-800-633-3047

JDJ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts