JD Fanatic Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK gang, new topic to build on. What was your favorite toy(s) as a kid growing up? Rockem' Sockem' Robots, Mr. Potato Head, Lite-Brite, Evil Knevil Stunt Cycle?

After you post your favorite(s), tell us what toy(s) you disliked. Electronic Football, View Finder, Slinky, Play-Doe?

Should be an interesting way of finding out more about our group members.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
OK gang, new topic to build on. What was your favorite toy(s) as a kid growing up? Rockem' Sockem' Robots, Mr. Potato Head, Lite-Brite, Evil Knevil Stunt Cycle?

After you post your favorite(s), tell us what toy(s) you disliked. Electronic Football, View Finder, Slinky, Play-Doe?

Should be an interesting way of finding out more about our group members.
Funny we had all of those toys you listed at our house growing up, myself and two younger brothers.
The football game was shall we say challenging and I had a very short attention span(still do)
Think building plastic models was my favorite thing of all.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Great topic!

I had a fleet of Tonkas that would rival most contractors! I would pick them up at yard sales and flea markets. I spent hours in the sandbox every day. My buddies and I had to replace cutting edges on our loader buckets due to the volume of material we moved.

Rain days/winter days were spent with LEGO. I still have a number of models I built from scratch that have been together since the mid 80’s! Now my son has the LEGO bug to the point that he works at the LEGO store in the King of Prussia mall here in PA.

I also had a lot of fun with Erector sets, but most of that was building snowplows for my Tonka fleet....

Dave

·
Administrator
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All of my favorites toys back then are still pretty much what I collect today. Matchbox and Hot Wheels cars, Tonka Construction vehicles, Hess Trucks, and Farm Tractor toys. However if I have to choose a very favorite, I would have to say it would have been the bearded G.I. Joe figurine with the Jeep and Camper and a boat load of accessories. Old Joe and I had hours of adventures! I had a bunch of his stuff before we moved to another town back in 1976. Dad rented a barn for all of the stuff we couldn't take along right away and two years later, the barn owner died and didn't forward our contact information to the new property owners. Needless to say, most of my toys back then went up for public sale and we didn't know it. I still have my G.I. Joe figurine, but the accessories and vehicles are gone.

My least favorite toy (if you want to call it that) was an electronic, handheld digital football game. I remember getting it for Christmas when I was around 12, but I didn't care for it much. I might have played with it twice. I just wasn't a gamer I guess. I didn't care much for board games either as a kid. I was a kid for action, and board games just wouldn't cut it.

·
Registered
217 Posts
My favorites were basically what i have now except they have motors in them now.Tonka trucks, front end loaders, backhoes, bull dozers, Toy tractors, hot wheels matchbox, stompers. We'd play for hours out under the bushes and the stone driveway digging up the dirt and stones and hauling it away. Oh and can't forget about the mud puddles also.That was a lot easier to dig in.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Having a father that worked on a farm, I had 1/16 scale farm toys growing up. Having a close uncle that operated construction equipment, I also had almost the complete set of Tonka Trucks. From there I acquired Matchboxes, Hot Wheels and Lego's. My favorite(s) today are my 1/64 farm toy collection, especially the few items that are the same models as the ones that were at the farm my dad worked on.I actually started to model the Two barns on the farm in 1/64 scale, but haven't had a chance to unpack them from moving a few years ago.

·
Registered
92 Posts
My favorite toy's were my 1/16 scale farm toys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts