JD Fanatic Forums banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Well some bad news. Wife and I were discussing upcoming trip to Cape May as we couldn’t go last year and booked this year in February.
We were discussing dates when we realized that it is Father’s Day
when we will be coming home. I’m sorry it took me so long to realize this
as pop and I were both discussing this week yet which tractors we would be bringing. My wife apologized continuously but it’s not her fault.
I should have checked.
I am very very sorry but I am going to have to miss it and envy everyone
who will be there.
I am hopeful this will become a tradition and will be able to make it ne t year.
Again my apologies.

·
Administrator
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Well.....it's alright my Friend. Was really looking forward to catching up with you and Pop. As of now, I have you and your Dad definitely not coming to the show. Don has a good possibility of not making it either. I believe Chaser said he has to work. Craig said he might be able to drop a tractor off so I'm thinking he won't be staying around all day. So that leaves Eric, Dave, and myself still attending. I think I'll change gears and only make hamburgers and hot dogs now. I'd hate to have Caleb spending hours smoking a brisket and not have enough people attending to eat it all.

Eric (Shorty)?? Dave(PA212)?? You guys still coming??

·
Registered
84 Posts
Good afternoon Troy. I'm still planning on coming by. I can't promise that I'll be there at the crack of dawn or stay for fireworks but I will be there. Might see if I can borrow a bigger trailer to bring both of my runners to help fill some of the space left open by others.

That being said don't feel obligated to throw a party for me. I'm sure my wife can find plenty of projects around here to keep me busy. :)

Dave

·
Administrator
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Glad to hear you're still attending Dave. Looking forward to meeting you and shaking your hand. 👍

Reactions: Chaser and truck21

·
Administrator
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
A little slow this week at work so I decided to use up some of my vacation days to get some tractors put back together for Dad's show on Sunday. First one is a 1966 110 with the 6-way blade and the second one is a 1967 110H with the Brinly cultivator. They are done as far as I'm going to go with them. Next up will be the 1967 112H that'll have a Brinly plow, buggy canopy, and front weight. Still not sure how many of the other tractors will make it to the show, but I'm planning at least two trips for sure, maybe three.

They don't look the best and aren't all shiny or restored, but they are complete. Someday they'll get the attention they deserve but for now, they just have to wait in line. 😁

·
Registered
84 Posts
Looks like mine will fit right in Troy! Looking forward to seeing them in person.
I did a little research and found I can rent a 12 ft trailer so I can bring both of my runners cost effectively - and probably more safely than one on my 4x8 trailer…. Might have for sale sign on the second one in case anyone is interested.
While I’d love to see your fleet Don it would be great just to sit around and chat.
Dave

·
Administrator
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Well 11 tractors done and ready to go. Only three more to go. Figuring it will take about 4-5 trips to get them all back there. Probably start transporting them tomorrow late afternoon.

Between Dad and I, we'll have at least 26 tractors being displayed. With the help of some of you guys along with Dad's neighbors, that will give us roughly another dozen tractors. Almost 40 tractors....not bad for a one day, second year show.

·
Administrator
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
One load dropped off and set into position. Will take two more loads up tomorrow. Dad's having trouble getting one of his farm tractors running so I might be helping him out in the afternoon.

The '63 and '64 110's:

The '66 110H and 112H:

Will be nice to get all of them to Dad's just so I have a place to park again!! The neighbors keep asking me if I'm getting them ready to sell or if I'm running them in the local 4th of July parade next month.

I even got my canopy mounted. It's not the tractor I was saving it for to mount it on, but I got excited and wanted to take it to the show.

·
Administrator
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
I know you would buddy. You just focus on getting momma home safe and sound. I'll be alright.

·
Registered
100 Posts
One load dropped off and set into position. Will take two more loads up tomorrow. Dad's having trouble getting one of his farm tractors running so I might be helping him out in the afternoon.

The '63 and '64 110's:

View attachment 11797

The '66 110H and 112H:

View attachment 11798

Will be nice to get all of them to Dad's just so I have a place to park again!! The neighbors keep asking me if I'm getting them ready to sell or if I'm running them in the local 4th of July parade next month.

View attachment 11799

I even got my canopy mounted. It's not the tractor I was saving it for to mount it on, but I got excited and wanted to take it to the show.

View attachment 11800
WOW!!!!!! You guys are really putting together a Fatastic display of John Deeres for the Father's Day show. Man, over forty tractors is Mighty impressive. Sure wish I lived closer so I could see and enjoy enjoy the show with you. I highly applaud your efforts, it's a lot of work to put together and make happen. I sure hope a lot of photos will be taken and posted and hope your annual tradition goes on for generations to come! 🙂😀(y)(y)!!!!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
So I've got the uhaul trailer rented for the weekend so unless they red flag my tow vehicle I should have both of my 212's there on Sunday.

Looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing your fleets.

Dave

·
Administrator
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Careful driving everyone.

·
Administrator
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
A few more teaser pictures. I won't post any overall display pictures until Sunday when everyone is set up.

Not your typical everything in a line show. Because of the trees, Dad wanted to shoot for a "deer grazing" type atmosphere. It really is a nice setting especially in the morning when the sun's coming up. Kinda gives off a relaxed feeling.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts