JD Fanatic Forums banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of you already know about a possible Father's Day Sunday tractor show, but since I don't want to snipe the other thread anymore than I already did, I'll post a new thread here.

Nothing fancy, just a backyard open lot with a Grove type setting for anyone interested in bringing a couple of tractors out to display for a day and to catch up with some old Friends. Show is open to Lawn & Garden tractors, Farm tractors, and Hit & Miss engines. Don't forget to bring along your lawn chairs!! Perfect Father's Day gift for your Dad or even yourself.

More details such as the address and time frame to follow as we're still working them out. As far as lunch is concerned, I want to throw this out there to you all, as it will help us determine what will work best. We were thinking about making hamburgers and Hot dogs on the grill for everyone but then my son Caleb suggested that he smokes and grills a brisket and we could have pulled brisket sandwiches. If we go with the brisket then we won't do hamburgers. What do you all think. Hamburgers and hot dogs or brisket sandwiches and hot dogs?

Maybe make a tray of macaroni and cheese or baked beans too on the side. Again, nothing finalized just yet, just throwing ideas around. There won't be any fees to set up or for lunch. Just wanting everyone to come and have a good time.

Registered
Troy you thinking of the Sunday of or that Saturday ?
Believe you said that Sunday. Just wanted to check entirely
up to you. Wanted to tell pop about it and wanted to be sure.
Not sure if Mom will come along I know my wife will not.
Wondered if maybe that Saturday may work better so you have a day to relax on Fathers Day.
More than willing to bring food along or contribute to the food/drink burgers,brisket or hotdogs are all good I鈥檓 open to whatever.
I have to say I am really looking forward to this and seeing
all of you again. Been way to long.
If you need help a few days before getting ready more than happy to come up and help for the day.

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm pretty sure Dad is set on Father's Day Sunday. It's sort of his gift to himself. Hopefully the Sunday won't keep anyone from attending. Two years ago when he had his first show, he had a few tractors from the neighbors set up, along with Dad's and mine. We might have had 50 people stop in that were driving by and look around. Dad's planning on listing an ad in the weekly Merchandiser to advertise the event Two weeks before the show, so maybe we'll have better public attendance. Even if we don't, it'll still be nice to just get together, set in a group, and just catch up. Even if I don't get tractors running, it'll be worth pushing each of them onto a trailer just so I see you all again. I'm really hoping that some of you local guys who I or we haven't met yet can come so we can shake hands and get acquainted.

As for a time frame, I think we'll go with 8:00-4:00. If you can stay the full time, great. If not, don't feel like you have to stay away, as we'd love for you to join us no matter how long you can stay.

Please forgive me. I thought I had Dad's address memorized but since I don't, I don't want to screw it up and have you headed in the wrong direction. I'll post it tomorrow night so you'll have it.

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you planning on bringing some tractors along Don? Hope so.

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Durlach, Pennsylvania. It's about a mile Northwest of Denver, PA.

I'll post the address tonight after I get home from work.

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
PM me for Dad's address.

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll call Dad tonight to get his feelings on how big he wants to go with this. I think he could easily show around 100 tractors on the property, however I'll let that decide up to him.

How many people are thinking about inviting Don and roughly how many tractors are we possibly talking about? Are any of you other members here possibly coming? I'd like all of us to have first chance since we are a group.

I'll let you know soon Don.

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Invite your friends to come and display. Dad said let's go for it and see how big we can make it. If any of you know of any collectors that have farm tractors and might be interested in displaying, invite them to come. As of right now, it sounds like Dad's farm tractors are the only ones being displayed and he would like more if possible.

I mentioned earlier that the show time is 8:00-4:00, however Dad requested that we go until 5:00. He also offered out that if anyone wants to drop off tractors the Saturday before, feel free to do so. Nobody will bother them. As for parking, he's checking to see if we can utilize either the park down the street or maybe the neighbors yard out back. Either way, everyone should be able to park their truck and trailers without unhooking.

Am I missing anything that you still aren't sure about? Just let me know.

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Was going to ask pop to come along if that鈥檚 ok not sure if mom would come along or not she has been having some health issues.

Yep, ask him to come. The more the merrier!!

1 - 20 of 87 Posts