JD Fanatic Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
937 Posts
To me, any of these hitches, whether original or reproduction, aren't worth more than $150.00. I just don't understand what is driving the prices for these up so high.

Yes, the one you have posted is cheaper than an original hitch, however I think it's still over priced. You do what you want, but if you aren't in a big hurry for one, I think I would start going to some Lawn and Garden Tractor auctions to see if I could find an original one and maybe save a few bucks. Three years ago I bought a white patio hitch for $55.00. Didn't need it at the time, but since the price was right, how could I turn it down? I ended up trading Craig my white hitch for his black hitch. 

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To me, any of these hitches, whether original or reproduction, aren't worth more than $150.00. I just don't understand what is driving the prices for these up so high.

Yes, the one you have posted is cheaper than an original hitch, however I think it's still over priced. You do what you want, but if you aren't in a big hurry for one, I think I would start going to some Lawn and Garden Tractor auctions to see if I could find an original one and maybe save a few bucks. Three years ago I bought a white patio hitch for $55.00. Didn't need it at the time, but since the price was right, how could I turn it down? I ended up trading Craig my white hitch for his black hitch. 
I don't see many auctions around my part of the country for lawn and garden stuff. Not even really plow days or shows I can find...... maybe I don't know where to look? Well if you find another deal like that 55 dollar one, buy it for me and I'll send you a finders fee for shipping it to me! 

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Don't forget the lift bar that hooks to linkage under tractor out thru the vertical opening in rear of tractor . They can be a bit hard to find also. It took me a year to find it on e-bay.  Price is what they are going for right now on that some even higher. If your on watching prices (e-bay) you'll know when a number is good or not .  Good luck

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't forget the lift bar that hooks to linkage under tractor out thru the vertical opening in rear of tractor . They can be a bit hard to find also. It took me a year to find it on e-bay.  Price is what they are going for right now on that some even higher. If your on watching prices (e-bay) you'll know when a number is good or not .  Good luck
I've seen people who fab those up on ebay as well. Seems like the linkage is going for about 30 bucks or so. 

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Good original parts are not cheap any more. With the hobby growing more everyday people like the get rich quick idea and will buy a very nice original tractor and just rip them apart as they are worth atleast four times more in pieces. Breaks my heart and probably a few others as it makes parts for people like us easier to get just not cheaper. Its just the facts.People like to put a number on there sale items to see if they sell it or not,then every body else follows suit ruining the hobby for the rest of us. I have no problems selling parts at fair prices as I have done .Mine all go for market value if not cheaper to sell so I can put the money into the other tractors in my collection. If you want something bad enough you'll occasionally pay the escalated prices to get your project going. I understand a need to make a living but these numbers are just getting out of hand. If its rare its understandable but the every day run of the mill item that ten people are also selling is plain unacceptable.

Sorry that's my rant on E-Bay and the prices being charged on there , this is not meant to offend or upset anyone by any shape or form.I like the rest of many of you look at it almost everyday. Sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.