JD Fanatic Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello all. I'm a relatively new member so I thought I'd share some photos of what I'm working on. I decided I wanted to spiff up the look of one of my tractors. I'd seen a lot about painting on other forums and wanted to share my experience. First I sand blasted and sanded all of the old paint and rust off. Next I shot a light coat of etching primer on. Then I went with a coat of high build primer. On the fender deck, I block sanded all over dry. I next shot two coats of Rustoleum green and let dry for a few days. Then I wet block sanded the surface with 400 grit and put down a heavy coat of JD green. I must mention that this is all rattle can work since I don't own a compressor. I did the blasting at work. Also, I heated the cans of paint in a pot of hot tap water for 20 to 30 minutes. This is the first time I've tried this and it is a must from now on. The fender deck will get wet blocked once more with 600 grit and shot with a coat of epoxy clear. Hope you enjoy.

DSC00381.JPG
DSC00382.JPG
DSC00384.JPG
DSC00385.JPG
DSC00386.JPG

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Don. I sometimes wish I was closer too. Because then I would live in the land of plentiful Deeres. They are a little more rare here. Some attachments are almost impossible to find locally. When I check the for sale section on other forums, PA seems to be busting at the seams with them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don, I work as a mechanic for a trucking company that has trucks running up I81 all the time but haven't been able to hook anything up yet. Thanks grnspot. I will be blasting and painting a model 43 scrape blade this coming weekend if the weather is good. I'll post picks when I do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts