JD Fanatic Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello all. I'm a relatively new member so I thought I'd share some photos of what I'm working on. I decided I wanted to spiff up the look of one of my tractors. I'd seen a lot about painting on other forums and wanted to share my experience. First I sand blasted and sanded all of the old paint and rust off. Next I shot a light coat of etching primer on. Then I went with a coat of high build primer. On the fender deck, I block sanded all over dry. I next shot two coats of Rustoleum green and let dry for a few days. Then I wet block sanded the surface with 400 grit and put down a heavy coat of JD green. I must mention that this is all rattle can work since I don't own a compressor. I did the blasting at work. Also, I heated the cans of paint in a pot of hot tap water for 20 to 30 minutes. This is the first time I've tried this and it is a must from now on. The fender deck will get wet blocked once more with 600 grit and shot with a coat of epoxy clear. Hope you enjoy.

Vehicle Plant Green Motor vehicle Tire
Green Wood Grass Rectangle Gas
Green Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Plant Automotive tire Tire Wheel Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Plant Motor vehicle Rim Water

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Don. I sometimes wish I was closer too. Because then I would live in the land of plentiful Deeres. They are a little more rare here. Some attachments are almost impossible to find locally. When I check the for sale section on other forums, PA seems to be busting at the seams with them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don, I work as a mechanic for a trucking company that has trucks running up I81 all the time but haven't been able to hook anything up yet. Thanks grnspot. I will be blasting and painting a model 43 scrape blade this coming weekend if the weather is good. I'll post picks when I do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts