• Welcome to JD Fanatics Forum

Computers and websites

Discussion in 'Other Toys and Hobbies' started by -GR-, Feb 14, 2015.

1. -GR-

-GR- Where am I? Staff Member

I don't know that I can really classify websites as a hobby anymore considering it takes up enough time to be a full time job but I do still enjoy it. There are a few sites I take care of. One being this site, also gttalk.com and pctechtalk.com. The other thing I do is build my own computer. I haven't bought a store configured computer since my first Dell back in 1993. I gotta say though the store bought computers are getting closer to something I would actually build. The only store bought computer I have bought so far has been a Lenovo Yoga 13 laptop. It has Windows 8 on it which I can't stand. Looking forward to Windows 10 release.

5 people like this.
  2. Bolens 1000

Bolens 1000 Moderator

Wish I knew more about computers to be able to build my own, windows 8 is a nightmare!

2 people like this.

3. -GR-

-GR- Where am I? Staff Member

I think Windows 10 will be much better. I think they learned their lesson with 8 and 8.1 which should hopefully help improve 10. So far from what I seen in the preview I like it. I need to get a virtual machine setup again and run it to see how they are making out on it.

2 people like this.
  4. vintagejdfanatic

vintagejdfanatic New Member

So now that Windows 10 is out, what's your opinion -GR- ? 

1 person likes this.