JD Fanatic Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I,m new here. I got my father jd300 when he passed away. It ran fine when parked for winter but now doesn,t run right we replaced the points,condencer,spark plugs,and wires. I ordered a carb kit but the float was the small one and mine takes the big one. moded the float and seems to work.The only way it runs is with chocke on. Can you guy or gals help me? Thanks joey!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have taken off the carb and cleaned 6 times. How come my marvel schebler only has one ajustment screw or are talking about the screw on the linkage?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its a 1969 I think and a jd300 fram tractor. I,m having a heck of a time getting it to run right.
I still can't get this tractor to run right is the main jet on bottem of carb where there a wire hooked up? It has an ajustment on it. Can I use another carb off something else like a ford?

·
Registered
114 Posts
If it’s a JD 300, it would be a 75,76,or 77. Original engine would be a 16 horse Kohler. Is that what’s in it? Any model numbers on the engine?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Like this one?
C2513827-FEC2-4B75-B2DF-D76FE9342006.jpeg

Im sorry, I was assuming a 300 garden tractor. I cannot give any assistance on the bigger one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts