JD Fanatic Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
For a year or so I've had a piece of rubber that mimmics the original foot board covers on the RF's. Since the rain ruined my plans I thought I'd make my own template and cut out a set of my own. I did it on my 67 RF we affectionately call theJunk Yard Dog. I had made some aluminum ones awhile ago that I was sick of polishing up so off they came. The results for the first attempt worked pretty well. Think if I could find another piece of rubber I'd just make my own all the time.

For glue I used contact cement and the heat gun as the rubber was a little older wasn't as nice and soft as HAPCO's.

Green Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Motor vehicle Vehicle
Gas Machine Auto part Flooring Wood
Green Gadget Gas Engineering Machine
Green Circuit component Computer hardware Electronic component Machine
Gas Tints and shades Wood Metal Glass
Tire Wheel Green Automotive tire Light
Green Wood Terrestrial plant Gas Grass

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My pop just found some of this rubber at Lowes and bought it. Its still trial and error but it matches the original texture pretty well for you guys that want to try and make your own matts. FYI

·
Administrator
911 Posts
Good to know Kyle, Thanks for sharing. I may just have to try this, as the reproduction company is not only out of stock half the time, but are getting more expensive each year that passes. I thought however, these were still available through Deere?

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure, always got from HAPCO. I like as does my pop of making our own when we want them. The price of the matting and contact cement is a wash when you can  get more than one set out of the rubber piece. I have gotten others sets at Mother Deere for the 208 and the 112 but they are the newer style.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts