JD Fanatic Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to introduce myself as the owner of a 1986 318. The tractor is in fabulous shape and I have owned it for the last 14 years. I recently caught the JD bug and found a friend who shares my enthusiasm. I will be glad to offer any help I can about my experiences of the last 14 years.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Welcome to the site. Not to many 300 series collectors here, mostly 100 and 200 series. I will say pictures are required.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
And the 140 and 112...........and yes the ones I have both still work.:D
An option for many of the units 100,200,300 series

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My kids would be mortified if we had one in the car like the old days. Imagine, there were factory installed ash trays. I think that is awesome that they had them on the JD’s. A sign of the era.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Please share your thoughts on restoring JD’s. I have heard 2 sides of this equation.... restore to like new condition. Leave as is to tell the story of the tractor. What are your thoughts on this?

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
EXACTLY IT IS YOUR PREFERENCE TO DO WHAT YOU WANT. SOME LOOK BETTER IN WORK CLOTHES ,SOME WITH THEIR SUNDAY BEST ON. THE ONES I AM GOING TO USE GET CLEANED UP BUT NOT TO THE POINT OF BEING AFRAID OF SCRATCHING THEM. I'M STILL CAREFUL BUT THEY ARE FOR WORKING. I DO NOT PUNISH THEM WHILE THEY ARE WORKING THATS CRAZY AND COSTLY.:cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts