• Welcome to JD Fanatics Forum

69 jd 112 voltage reg

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by tractor_dude, Feb 8, 2016.

1. tractor_dude

tractor_dude New Member

First attempt at starting this tractor.put fresh battery in it cleaned all electrical connections to ignition,voltage regarding, battery and starter.all I get is a click from the voltage regulated. I took it off,cleaned it,tapped on it with a wrench,tapped on the starter also.still Nadal. Just the same click sound. Any ideas?

3 people like this.
  2. truck21

truck21 Moderator Staff Member

Manheim Pa
    First off let me welcome you to the site. Please feel free to jump on in and enjoy the site. As for your issue, have you tried connecting a hot directly to the starter to see if the starter spins.

Don

3 people like this.

3. johndeereelfman

johndeereelfman Member Staff Member

Is your battery good? Sounds to me like you may have a weak or dead battery. Maybe give it a charge, and see if you still have the same clicking noise. If you do, then we'll diagnose your problem for there. 

2 people like this.
  4. SelectOSpeed

SelectOSpeed Well-Known Member

Welcome from North Carolina !  Do you mean the Solenoid is what is just clicking?  A 69 model has a solid state voltage regulator that makes no sound and has nothing to do with the solenoid and starter. It regulates battery charging current from the flywheel alternator when the engine is running.    J.

2 people like this.
  5. Kster526

Kster526 Well-Known Member

Oley, Pa
    Agree with my two predecessors , that it sounds like like a bad battery or stuck starter. 

2 people like this.
  6. SelectOSpeed

SelectOSpeed Well-Known Member

Two of mine that were stored several years, had stuck brushes in the starter. A good cleaning and lube put them back in order.  J.

2 people like this.