JD Fanatic Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
In april of 2012 I found a 140 package deal for my dad.It included 2 68 140s,one was an h-1,the other was an h-3.A snow plow,rototiller,mower deck and a homemade weight box.The h-3 was a running tractor.The h-1 was what he used for parts.The previous owner originally had the h-1.He then found the h-3 and decided to keep the h-1 as a parts machine.Dad just wanted the h-3 and the attachments.I told him I would give him $300 for the parts tractor and he agreed.He are some pictures of my 68 140 h-1 that I plan on restoring.It is missing a starter,head lights,coil,tail lights.Thats what I found so far.

/monthly_09_2014/post-8-0-25552800-1410099800_thumb.jpg.e2b0458b7b23208cbf46164f52b03706.jpg

/monthly_09_2014/post-8-0-29061400-1410099884_thumb.jpg.844e79b0b86d303ad95692194ef4bb90.jpg

/monthly_09_2014/post-8-0-43049900-1410099979_thumb.jpg.413d6af4d0be9acf12b1b97019426fa6.jpg

/monthly_09_2014/post-8-0-83823600-1410100054_thumb.jpg.5659261ece199fe2641db6cfca3ecb3b.jpg

/monthly_09_2014/post-8-0-50421300-1410100170_thumb.jpg.405bde0b59dd0ab20332ec68348ee8fa.jpg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited by Moderator)
Here I have the wheels back from the powder coater and have the new tires mounted.Console is in place,and starting to put on decals.I bought a set of narrow rims and tri ribs for the front.Then I bought a set of solid face jd rims for the rear w/a set of ags.





 

·
Registered
Joined
·
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I went and bought a new ignition switch for the 140 restoration and ran into a little snag.The switch that was on the tractor was bigger than the factory switch so the previous owner drilled the hole out to fit the aftermarket switch. :angry:I wish I would've seen that before I got the console all painted and shiney.I ended up taking a washer that fit in the hole and filed the I.D. of the washer to fit the new and correct switch.I even left the little tab on the I.D. so the switch wouldn't spin.Next I put the located the washer where I wanted it and J.B. welded it in place.Here is how it looked after the J.B. weld.After the J.B. weld cured for 2 days I sanded it smooth.Next I put a coat of spot putty to smooth out some imperfections.It was a pain in the neck to just sand that little area but considering the alternative it was worth it.I taped of the area and blended it in front and back.I was surprised and relieved how it turned out.Â



 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top