JD Fanatic Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1967 4010 And It ran fine when i parted it a year ago. I went to start it this year and the batteries wear to old and weak to get her going. I decided to do a conversion to 12v. Ordered the kit installed as ive done previously on my 69 4020. Brand new interstate battery and away i thought i was going to go. It turns over buts doesnt even fire with ether. So i thought old diesel fuel. Drained the tank (didnt have much in there) and filled it and did both fuel filters primed and ready. Nothing again. I checked the oil bath perfectly fine. Pulled the intake hose off and tried to spray ether directly in the manifold to try to get some like nothing. Then i held my hand over the intake manifold and 0il was coating my palm. Now im aware thats not supposed to happen so i checked the level of oil and it was fine. Im thinking stuck vavle maybe from sitting but i didnt want to open pandoras box until i asked the best. If anyone has any ideas or has this happen to them i thank you in advance for your help joe

·
Registered
250 Posts
I wouldn't think the valves would stick after sitting a year unless it was outside and exhaust wasn't covered. its odd that it didn't fire on the ether. i wonder if your metering valve may be stuck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I pulled the valve cover and turned over the motor and no stuck valves. Since i have oil in the manifold i looked at the vent that goes into the manifold on the front of the block left side. Got to be honest dont know what is called, its part of the block and i removed the cover and all it does is spit oil out. Now before i had removed the intake and the lines. what would cause it to spit out oil into the manifold ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts